“LOVELY PLACE TO EAT”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
New Romney, United Kingdom
“LOVELY PLACE TO EAT”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a birthday lunch here for seven today and the staff were very attentive and friendly even though the restaurant was busy. Even went out of their way to give one member of our party a wonderful gluton free three course meal which was totally unexpected. The chicken and potato curry comes highly recommend! This is the fourth time we have been for lunch and will definitely be going again.

• Visited February 2013

Ashford, United Kingdom
“It was like we never exsisted”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had read lots about this pub on the web, so we had to find it and check it out for ourselves.
On arrival we walked into a bar, absolutely empty, not a soul to be found, walked into another bar, exactly the same, empty, we looked through to what looked like a restaurant, a female member of staff looked at us with no sign of recognition, or even a smile, or even a hello.
Why eat here and spend our money when there are better places in Kent
Another dissatisfied customer Walnut Tree

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Christopher R
Ashford, Royaume-uni
“DINED HERE SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS........”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My latest visit on 26 October was at lunchtime and there were 4 in our party. We all had -something different and everyone enjoyed their meal. The 3 course meal is good value and coupled with a nice atmosphere its a nice place to enjoy lunch. There is a good selection of beers and wine. I can't remember ever having a bad experience here and will be returning pretty soon. It's 5 miles from where I live and well worth the journey.

Hythe, United Kingdom
“First But Not The Last”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Can't believe I've lived on the Romney Marsh for all these years and never tried the food in this pub. So much choice on the menu...maybe too much for someone as indecisive as me. Loved the special deals they had too. I settled for a hot grillstone, (never thought I'd ever eat anywhere where I had to cook my own food) Was great fun and the rest of our party enjoyed their food too. Couldn't fault the friendly and efficient staff, smiles on their faces at all times even though they were very busy.Only gripe I can think of...background music could do with updating or at least change the cd at least once during the evening.
We'll be back very soon.

• Visited October 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“True Pub Grub”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

As i was also sat in the restaurant that same saturday lunch time, i experienced great service, great food with a brilliant atmosphere, welcomed by all the staff with a true home cooked meal, its just such a shame that the other certain people in the restauraunt caused such a fuss... it was clearly a busy day for this particular pub with the restaurant packed out. These people were rude to the staff and the landlord and as my mother told me if you cant say anything nice do not say anything at all... i appolred the landlord in how he dealt with those customers as they were ruiening the atmosphere for everybody in there. i would 100% recommed the Walnut Tree in for a true country pub vibe with a friendly welcome and good grub :)

• Visited October 2012