We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yarmouth
Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yarmouth
Plymouth uk
“lovely but ok”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our second trip to a warner hotel, we were expecting a lot more really. It was not up to the same standard as cricket St Thomas, food was ok, some staff excellent, entertainment good. We paid extra for flowers (3 in a vase, a packet of crisps. 8 chocs cheese crackers but no chees!!! and a bottle of cheap plonk just under £40) not good. Our first visit to the isle of Wight we had a lovely time saw everything in three days. couldn't get into our room until 3pm on the first day and had to be out by ten on the day of leaving total break cost just under £600 with ferry's, wont be doing that again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Lichfield
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Firstly let me say that I am making these comments reluctantly, this place in in a fantastic location and could be so so much better. The food is truly awful The fact that they charge outsiders who come onto the complex £19.95 for three courses is frankly unbelievable. The carvery is simply slop and the other courses on offer are just poor quality. The staff generally are unhelpful and lazy, apart from the restaurant serving staff, who are mostly from other countries, they are pleasant, helpful and hard working. My wife and I had a premier chalet. Premier !! Laughable. I would hate to see what the othetrchalets were like. Throughout my three night stay I heard constant crticism from other guests, no-one had a good word to say about the place. They do not clean your rooms on a Sunday ! Why ! this is a practice from 40 years ago, we now expect service everyday. No hot water was also suffered by a couple near to us, the response from the receptionist ? Well nothing we can do about it on a sunday is there ! We have stayed once previously in a Warner complex i North \yorkshire and it was very very good. Norton Grange is at the other end of the spectrum, it needs bringing into the 21st century when it is firmly stuck in the 1950s. As I said, such a shame as its location on Isle of Wight is lovely.

1 Thank neil T
Hannah_Warner, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Having no hot water is not acceptable and I am shocked to hear you were not given a helpful and satisfactory answer which was able to resolve the issue. I am really proud of my Team and I will of course pass your feedback of them being unhelpful through to the relevant managers.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments and suggestions.

Our Premier Chalets have recently been refurbished and therefore I am sorry you did not feel this was communicated fairly. If you’d like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel.

I hope you were able to find some positive aspects of your stay and enjoy your visit with Warner. We would love to welcome you back to the Isle of Wight or perhaps to one of our other 12 Seaside or Countryside locations soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I have not long got home from a fantastic week at Norton Grange and myself and my wife are sad to be back home. It was our first time there and definitely will not be our last.

From the moment we arrived after a smooth ferry ride we were made to feel at home. A lovely girl on reception called Jade greeted us with a smile and made us feel at ease. After explaining to us where everything was we had a walk around to familiarise ourselves before we could check into our chalet. The outside terrace that overlooks the Solent has a view to die for. The sun was out and we could have been in the South of France. Absolutely stunning.

Our chalet was spotless and a much better standard than we were expecting to be honest. At first we were a bit dubious about staying in a chalet as we normally stay at one of the Warner hotels but we were extremely happy with ours. Charlotte who cleaned our room did a brilliant job. We happened to speak to her manager Mary one day and we made sure we let her know how impressed we were with Charlotte. It turns out that Jade, the young lady off reception who also helped us out with local bus information and booked us a Silver VIP experience on our last night was Mary's daughter.

The food was beautiful. Compliments to the chef and his staff. Myself and my wife have certainly brought home a few extra pounds of 'baggage'!!

We enjoyed having a go at archery and rifle shooting for the first time ever. The young lads that ran the activities were such fun and helpful chaps.

The best thing about the whole week that we were at Norton Grange was the entertainment. We saw some great brought in cabaret acts but the entertainment manager Ricky-Lee and his group were the friendliest and most talented team that we have ever seen at Warners. They genuinely wanted to sit and chat with us. Ricky even sat with us on his day off for a chat. We joined in with most of the activities that the entertainment team provided for us. After seeing the pop choir at other Warner hotels we finally took part and had so much fun. Neither of us are singers but that didn't matter. Claire made us feel like we were superstars. Especially when we performed our song for all the other guests that evening in the main ballroom. The team put on an amazing variety of shows during the week. We enjoyed their 70's show but Dream Lover and the West End Musical shows were out of this world. Ricky has a fabulous voice and belongs in the West End. You could tell that the singers and dancers were loving every moment on stage. Such a talented bunch and I am sure they will go far.

Myself and my wife would definitely recommend Norton Grange and we booked another stay there for later this year and 2 more for next year.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Mcginness
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm new to Trip Advisor and am a little surprised to see some of the reviews.

In my opinion this is a lovely place, (Even in the rain!) the room was clean, fresh beds made every day, and tea/coffee a plenty (we got more from the male receptionist if needed for free) - No mould or rot to be seen. I did upgrade my room to a Premier Chalet in the E block before I arrived as we fancied splashing out. Even the more basic rooms looked alight though - I have stayed in much worse places I can tell you.

The facilities here are all good, some of the amenities are dated and need some money spent on them - but there is nothing actually wrong with them. (Mainly the Ball Room, and Swimming Pools)
The food was brilliant - hot and fresh breakfast and evening meals. With good service from Jules and Darron)
The entertainers where very talented and have outstanding amounts of get up and go -
All of the Reception staff where good except one lady who was perhaps a little sharp with us, but we was looked after.
The Isle of Wight is beautiful, and this village is only a few minutes from the town with great views.
I have rebooked for next year in the (as they call it) holiday shop with Kevin who's enthusiasm shone.

Again thank you to the staff at Norton Grange - See you next year.

Room Tip: Ask for the E block.
2 Thank Leo H
Stevenage
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Norton Grange for 3 nights from Friday 13th Sept 2013. Check In was fine. A bit of a trek from the Car Park to our Chalet. I now take a light weight sack barrow and load the 2 large and 1 small case on and off I go!
The Chalet was fine (Premier) Shame there was no DVD player. We like to watch our Ballroom Dancing DVD’s to catch up on our steps. What surprised us was, we had two chairs and a small table outside the Chalet, would have been nice had the sun shone there in the morning. The standard Chalets only had 2 chairs and no table. A bit mean, where would you put your tea/coffee?
As usual, we had the same discussion in the restaurant when we were shown our table. We have been to 7 Warner breaks over the last 18 months, and to date we have never been allocated a decent table. Always crammed in like Sardines. We did manage to change it for a better location. About time Warner’s took this on board!
Another strange thing! The chairs in the restaurant were almost the same as the one’s In Mariner’s, the entertainment/dance floor area. The restaurant chairs were nicely padded the chairs in Mariner’s were very firm with little padding and uncomfortable after a couple of hours. They need to swap them over.
The Sea Front lounge at lunch time got a bit busy, a bit of a hunt for a spare table for lunch. One day we had to go into Mariners, this is the evening entertainment area, in order to find a table for lunch, along with a few other couples.
The other Warner’s we been to, tend to have an hour dance session in the afternoon and an hour in the evening about 8 o’clock. Norton Grange only had 30 minutes at 8 o’clock. Very disappointing (We like our dancing) this will deter us from visiting Norton Grange again.
The food was up to normal Warner high standards. The Pitch & Putt course was interesting. A few water traps and a bunker or two to cope with. The Putting green was the normal poor standard. We like to have a Putt or three, but didn’t bother this time. We spent a lot of time on the Croquet Lawn. Again, this needs a bit of TLC. Most Warner’s don’t bother to really look after them. You have to make the most of a bad job.
The entertainment was very good. Tank Sherman the comedian was very funny without resorting to swearing and the Hitsville tribute to the Drifters were fist class. Just as well, we are off to Bodelwydden Castle for Christmas where they are on again. The swimming pool was a bit small, a very small deep end. Not long before your knees are dragging along the bottom. Be careful when using the steps into the pool, very slippery. The pool was nice and warm though.
The ferry crossing from Lymington to Yarmouth went well got on earlier ferry both ways. Well done White Link.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

I am sorry you did not feel we have enough seating at lunchtime as often people enjoy our outside decking area in the sunshine, our comfy sofa or the table and chairs near the bar. I will take this on board and speak to my Restaurant Manager about any changes we can make.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed the food and hope you went up for seconds! Our Head Chef will be most pleased to hear this review.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

benfleet
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have just returned from a long Weekend at Norton Grange and we couldn't wait to get home, yes the place was like Hi De Hi, for the price we paid the chalets were disgusting, there is no need for it in this day and age, the bathroom had black mould round the bath and tiles, it also had a slow flushing toilet with rotting door frames, the noise from the boiler room next door was something else to, we stayed in room 18.
The pool was pretty disgusting with black mould everywhere from the changing room to the pool itself, with rotting hand rails and tide marks round the bubble pool UGH!!!!!!!!
We won't be staying at Warners again, for the price they charge it's diabolicle. Plus no chalet service on a Sunday.

Room Tip: Don't go, I would not recommend it
1 Thank Janet S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am genuinely sorry to read your review as it does not sound like our usual High Standards and therefore I apologise. I hope you were able to speak to a Manager before you left to give feedback. Please rest assured I will go to Room 18 today and check the specific comments and areas you have mentioned. Looking back through the notes we have kept for each room we have not had complaints about boiler room noises and therefore I will double check this,

I will also let my Leisure Manager know you did not enjoy your Swimming experience.

In our Brochure we do explain that there is no Chalet Service on Sunday and I am sorry you did not feel this was communicated clearly. If you’d like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I can't think of a worse place to spend a weekend. The accomodation look likes something from Hi-de-Hi. Chalets spread all over the campus. Although the bedroom area was in reasonable decorative order - apart from the damp smell you receive when entering the bedroom - the bathroom area was a disgrace. Pubic hair on the seat of the toilet, every single drawer in the bedroom had hairs and stains left presumably from the previous occupants, as well as an unknown pill. I will leave you to make your own mind up about the bathroom, just look at the pictures! Meals at night were dreadful - basic, over cooked, and poorly presented. Even Toby Inns would have served a better carvery! The entertainment was sorryful. They had a quiz which various tables of 8 participated in. The winning table received a prize of two "free" cocktails between 8 people!!! The worst incident was while making a mobile call in a corridor between the bar and ball room, I was looking out of the window at the outside decking which was adjacent to the window and witnessed the largest rats coming out of the decking and scurrying around closed to an exit door. Fortunately the door was closed but on other nights, this door was left open as patrons were outside on the decking having a smoke!

Room Tip: Don't get put in the Kingston Chalets, particularly No: 1
4 Thank Doug W
Norton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to have read your feedback and only wish that you had bought these matters to our attention at the time of your stay as certainly we would have done everything in our power to have made your stay more enjoyable.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact either myself or Scott King, Guest Liasion at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Annette Cave, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
The Royal Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
The Clifton
The Clifton
#2 of 52 in Shanklin

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort? Share your experiences!