Have just returned from our 3rd weekend break at Norton Grange since December, 2011 and once again, had a great time. Stayed in Brading block and the chalet was clean, comfortable & conveniently located. The food was once again of a high standard with the meats, available on the carvery, perfectly cooked. The restaurant deserves the highest praise, as does our waitress "Anna", a lovely, helpful, happy Polish lady. If there was an award for top employee, then "Anna" deserves it. The entertainment team worked hard and the visiting artists were enjoyed. This, unfortunately, brings me to a little disappointment and something I noticed in March, when attending the Rock'n'Roll weekend. It was noticeable on Saturday, in particular, that "outsiders" were in the Mariners showbar and, indeed, occupying good seats whilst genuine guests were having difficulty finding seating. As the entertainment is high on the list of reasons why some paying guests choose a particular weekend, then the inability to find a seat could put them off returning. I believe the management should look at ways of ensuring that their paying guests are not inconvenienced due to "Islanders" finding a way in. It doesn't take much thought to introduce tighter controls.
This aside, it didn't spoil a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with the hot weather being an added bonus. Thanks to all at Norton Grange and will see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms and landscaped gardens lend traditional Norton Grange a tropical atmosphere. While this Resort has modern facilities, there's a range of traditional seaside attractions to make each day go with a swing. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Norton Grange Coastal Hotel Isle Of Wight
- Norton Grange Classic Hotel
- Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort Yarmouth, Isle Of Wight