“Really good fishing trips!”

Black Rock Charters and Fishing
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Yarmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome! We provide a varied, interesting and exciting range of fishing trips from 2 hour trips to whole days out. The Alaminta boat is the perfect vessel to take a leisurely, pleasure cruise to the famous Needles, via Colwell Bay, the colourful sands of Alum Bay and Totland Pier, not to mention Hurst Castle. Hen parties and Stag groups are encouraged and a good time is guaranteed. It is possible to privately Charter our boat, she is available for organised groups, families and friends of course. We operate from the beautiful, historical Yarmouth Harbour,Isle of Wight. Pay and display parking is easily available.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I took my 7 year old son on a fishing trip from Yarmouth harbour and we had a fantastic morning. The lady at the shop is lovely, very friendly and informative. Bob took us out on his boat to fish mackerel and, again, he was brilliant, making a big fuss of my son and being very helpful. We were out for at least 2 hours and caught a fenomenal 32 mackerel!!!. I would definitely book again when we visit the island next. Highlight of this holiday for my son. Booking ahead definitely recommended as they get very busy and they do not overbook their boats.

3  Thank mamaschone

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent boat trip to the Needles and Alum Bay, accompanied by superb weather in the early evening. This longer cruise of around 90 minutes was by far the best way to see the Needles and also the coastline from Yarmouth around to the Needles, having chosen this over the much shorter cruises provided within Alum Bay. Rob our captain was great, very friendly and knowledgeable about local history and sights.
We had a superb time and our family visiting from the USA also thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
Would strongly recommend if you are looking for a relaxing trip to see the Needles and the stunning coastline of this part of the island.
The trip was the highlight of our short break of 3 days on the island.

Visited July 2013

3  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a great time - the amazing weather was a bonus!!!

Very friendly service. Rob, the captain, was great - very knowledgeable about local history and geology. Very much recommended if you want to see the Needles at close quarters...

Thanks to both Rob and Sharon for a great trip

2  Thank Brian B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and myself took their 90 minute-long return trip to The Needles.
Professional, friendly service with a personal touch. If you are looking for a great value boat trip from Yarmouth, I can only recommend them, they are very good. They also offer fishing trips.

3  Thank csabapeter
Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a fantastic trip out! I can highly recommend thank you Rob&Sharon for a great fishing day, that why we are back see you next Sunday for another awesome time out on the boat

4  Thank AliShammat1978