“Fantastic for a short break”
Review of Yelf's Hotel

Yelf's Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ryde
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was very easy to find, only 20 minutes from the ferry port in east cowes.
The confirmation stated said they had a private car park, but without speaking to a member of staff we could not find this, we parked outside the hotel and checked in where they gave us a map on how to get to the car park, it's all one way to this helped!
We were them given a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite, which considering I work in hotels I usually give the upgrades! We were here for a wedding, so we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel.. However the room was comfortable, comfy bed and very clean.
I have seen a review about the noise, but it really was not as bad as described!
Friday was a little bit noisy but really not that bad.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice.. I would say though, maybe add beans as part of the buffet.. But another than that.. It was great!!
We will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: Try and request a high floor room to the back of the hotel, I know we had an upgrade but it was wort...
1  Thank Samiie0305
YelfsHotel, Manager at Yelf's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at Yelfs. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

stayed for one night to attend a function.Yelfs is situated in the lower part of ryde high street so ideal for exploring the town and only a short distance to the beach.we booked through booking dot com and got a better price than yelfs offered us .we asked for a quiet room and this they gave us.hallway door security coded was reasuring.the staff were helpful and the room was ok.one slight criticism the bathroom needs modenising,but clean and adequate.breakfast was self service and they obviously have a good supplier as the sausage and bacon was first class.overall i would say it is a good 3* and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask when making booking
2  Thank Tilburylen
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel in Ryde is perfectly located. The staff were brilliant. The price was right... But here's the observation : I got a great last minute price but ended up in the annex. All I needed was a bed and shower so for the price I was happy. If I had paid full wack I would have been concerned at the super springy doors that would have made a light sleeper nervous and the general noise of late returners to the annex. Having said this, I had a great stay and breakfast was ten star, so thanks and I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived as a party of 11 on Friday 12th. July all rooms were excellent very clean and although it was very hot fans were provided. Staff were most helpful and the food in the hotel was great and good value for money.

All told a very enjoyable weekend all thanks to YELFS , hope to do the same next year.

Bob and Chris Young.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bob and chris y
Reviewed July 12, 2013

When I want to dance, I pay to go to a disco. When I want to sleep, I go to a hotel. I don't want to pay £65 for a hotel room to listen to a disco DJ screaming somewhere under my room until after 2am. And that was a room at the back of the block!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John R
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel. We booked through lastminute.com and nothing on the website or during our booking process alerted us to the fact that part of the ground floor is a Cafe-Bar nightclub (unconnected with the hotel). Friday night was very noisy until midnight, but on Saturday night the noise level was unbelievable and went on until 2.30am. It was impossible to sleep. The hotel staff were clearly aware of the problem but had no solutions for us on the night and no answers for me when I asked why we had received no warning about the level of noise. Staff were pleasant and apologetic but ineffective. I asked for a refund of the Saturday night room fee and was told that there was not a manager available who could deal with this at the weekend! I have been promised a phonecall next week- obviously my ruined weekend was not a high enough priority to disturb the manager's weekend. Hope she had a better one than I did!

Room Tip: Rooms 33-35 are directly above the nightclub.
2  Thank Christine V
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We got married and also had our wedding reception at Yelf's on 1st June 2013. Rebecca and her team made it a very special day and we would recommend Yelf's highly as a great place to get married.

Rebecca organised everything for us and was always there to answer our questions. Both the ceremony room and reception room looked lovely and the food was excellent and very good value. Friends and family who stayed at the hotel were all very happy with the accommodation. All the staff at Yelf's were very friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble to make our day very special.

A big thank you to lovely Rebecca and her amazing team for making our wedding such a special day!

Thanks,
Mr & Mrs Naylor

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AineLee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ryde
Royal Esplanade Hotel
#21 of 29 in Sandown
The Wight
The Wight
#4 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Yelf's Hotel? Share your experiences!