“If you don't like wine, come for the cakes!”
Review of Rosemary Vineyard

Rosemary Vineyard
Ranked #8 of 38 things to do in Ryde
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Britain's largest vineyards.
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Another dog friendly venue, and we had a pleasant walk round the vines using the self-tour guide.

Inside, there's a video which talks you through the wine making process, and you can look round their processing plant.

My second best part of the visit was the wine tasting, which was certainly generous (and quite nice wine too...), but what made the visit (and also my day) was the outstanding cakes in the coffee shop, combined with very friendly and welcoming staff, and extremely reasonable prices. (Only £2 for a HUGE piece of cake!!). We sampled the chocolate cake, and lemon drizzle cake, and I can't tell you how tempting it was to buy some slices of the others to try for later!

The dog was also rather impressed as the staff brought him a water bowl.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

After several vineyard visits in the island, we came to the conclusion that its never going to win and medals and for all its enthusiasm, Rosemary Vineyard's wines are also in that category. However the staff were friendly and knowledeable, the tastings generous (if you wanted to carry on..!) but the jewel in the crown here is the lovely cafe with stunning views over the vines.
We had the best coffee of the whole trip and the cakes are stupendous, all home made by the friendly lady who runs the cafe. Really worth a visit even IF the wine isn't to your liking.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Came here and found 3 coaches of OAPS! Help!!!! However, the staff were more than efficient at dealing with the large groups and still manageed a generous tasting session for me and my partner. Enjoyed the cider and bought a bottle of pink fizz, but wine - while not bad was not great either so make your own mind up on this. Had a great tasty lunch in the cafe and would recommend this. If time, do the self-guided winery tour and vineyard stroll.

1  Thank CaptainBlackmore
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We visited the Rosemary Vineyard for the tasting rather than the tour as, having both visited France, Germany and Italy we already know what a vineyard looks like!
The staff were friendly and welcoming. If anything the only problem I has was as I was driving my wife had to take over as chief taster! Didn't want to upset the very nice men and women of the IOW Police!
There is a wide variety of products on offer for all tastes. Many of them very reasonably priced. Some of the prices were comparable to middle range supermarket wines and much much better flavour. We ended up buying several bottles. We will probably do more trips to the island and will no doubt end up there.
I think Southern Vectis Buses tentacles stretch that far so that could make life easier.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

Thr introductory talk was poorly presented. They should send their staff on a basic Presentations Course. The vineyard and winery were uninteresting. The wine varied from ordinary to awful. I'm astonished they manage to survive.

1  Thank Wrinkled