“It's a Witherspoons”
Review of S. Fowler & Co.

S. Fowler & Co.
Ranked #18 of 88 Restaurants in Ryde
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“It's a Witherspoons”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

So it does excactly what it says on the tin. Discounted beer standard Witherspoons menu (which I like) has extra tables upstairs for when it's busy. A bit of a trek to get to the toilets which are upstairs too. But they are clean Nd well maintained.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
“No problems with the food.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Called in for their Fish and Chips and a Drink offer. Downstairs was very busy, so went up for a bit of peace and quiet. Acceptable 15 minute wait after ordering. Meal was fine (good mushy peas!!) and excellent value. Place does now need some updating and a bit of TLC. as it is showing more than a little wear and tear.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor poor poor”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Where do I start? They advertise 'children are welcome' however some of the items were not available on the kids menu, we finally ordered a roast chicken for children which they said they had. When it arrived it was nothing more than a chicken breast butterflied and a few vegetables. The chicken was so overcooked you needed a steak knife to cut it. I ordered burger and chips which arrived cold. The service was dreadful, having to ask for everything rather than being offered anything. The kids food is offered with fruit having to ask for this twice as the it was not offered or presented as requested or advertised. Gents toilets were filthy with the sign in the toilet that says they were checked regularly but being last signed at 10am and it was 1pm when we arrived. Awful, awful awful.

1 Thank Matt H
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Not a family atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went here on a Tuesday about 6. Although it wasn't late, and wasn't a friday/saturday night people were already drinking and being quite rowdy, even in the designated family area upstairs. It was only me and my partner, so that was ok. However I wouldn't recommend it as a family friendly place if its how it was, when I went there, all the time.
It was steak night, and so far I have not experienced a good steak on this island. But the steak I ordered was thick, and cooked to my liking (for once, no restaurants seem to do rare). There was no fat or gristle in it either!
Overall I very much enjoyed my steak and shall be returning. I only have 3 things that put me off:
1: The onion rings I ordered were very very greasy.
2: Sauces, salt, and vinegar were in sachets, and on a serve yourself basis, which makes you feel guilty if you take too many sachets.
3: My coke was watered down!

• Visited June 2013
“Good location near hover, train and bus terminal.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Popped in for a drink before taking the hovercraft back to Southsea. Ale was ok but as with most of my Wetherspoon experiences recently there is a lack of atmosphere and the staff do not seem to care.

• Visited June 2013