“Chisel please...”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Er... The clue was when I asked for a pizza cutter coz I couldn't get through it with a knife.

It's overcooked? And at this price? And I fared no better with the pizza cutter.

Sorry, not again. Not with Michaelangelos down the rd.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

It's a stylish place to go, where you would expect some exceptional food, but you won't have it. It's all traditional there, the service is great, the atmosphere and music are good. I would just go for a drink not for food in Olivo - the cocktails are smashing...

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Lovely modern restaurant with good food at reasonable prices. It had a great atmosphere and the staff were very attentive. I would visit again if I was in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food is wonderful (although not always consistent - sizes of meals & the amount of meat given each time in some of the pasta dishes). Each dish is quite expensive but I would say it's worth it. The drinks are great, they do a variety of cocktails and change their menu quite regularly, again though - pricey. It's a nice place to have a special meal and I am always satisfied. I find the waiting staff very friendly and enjoy my time spent at Olivos.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Lovely meal here except for a couple of points.
I ordered the special starter of meat balls with dough balls. It appeared without the dough balls, and when I queried it nothing was said - but eventually the dough balls arrived with my main course! No discount given.
my friend ordered a pasta dish which had not mentioned chilli in the description - it was very spicy - she was told there was garlic chilli in it. This should have been mentioned as it was very hot.
they were very good about substituting pasta types which was helpful.
Bad point is that because we were a party of 5 a huge gratuity was included in the bill.
Lovely wine and service wasnt bad (except for the dough balls).
There was a problem with the floor caused by some sort of flooding that day which left a rather nasty smell - hopefully they managed to get that sorted quickly.
will definitely return in the future