“Beautiful food fairly priced”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Ryde
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I walked here on a very wet windy day. We were greeted by friendly staff who suggested we sat by the open fire.

We ordered jacket spud which was huge! The types of balls me brains makes ( can't use the proper word on here!) , mash and gravy and I had veal in a mushroom and brandy sauce with fresh veg. All our food looked beautiful and I was very impressed with the selection of five different fresh vegetables. My dinner was about £12. In my experience in a restaurant you could easily pay £20 for this dish.

Will certainly be making this a regular stomp for excellent food and sensible prices.

There are newer reviews for The White Hart

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a recent night out here with friends. Gentleman behind the bar was very friendly and welcoming with a lovely sense of humour, not sure if the same can be said for his colleague! We all had something different and the presentation and quality of our meals was very good with plenty for our plates. The only criticism for me is that I ordered the veggie option off the specials board but when it came the sautéd potatoes were with bacon - oops!! Wasn't a big issue, apologies given and was quickly sorted.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

If only more restaurants based themselves on the White Hart Model, lovely homely,friendly atmosphere yet first class service and food. If you are on the island this is a must visit place. cannot wait until my next visit

Reviewed January 21, 2013

On Sunday went for my second visit to the White hart. Excellent meal with superb sweets very well cooked and presented. The owners are always so pleasant and attentive. Surroundings having a very warm feeling. The loos also are excellent and very well kept. I am sure I will visit time and again. The vegtables were great I think six in all. Very wll supported by locals so advisable to book

1  Thank colin b
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We went there for my Sunday lunch. We booked a table here because the great things we had heard. There were six of us. We all ordered a roast. The vegetables came out in a sharing bowl and it was basically enough for 2 table spoons each. There were 3 peices of broccoli to go round 6! Ok when I asked for more i got more. But surely think about portions whilst dishing up. The Yorkshire pudding were also not home made. We all paid over £10 for a bog standard Sunday lunch. Iv been out for many Sunday lunches and got a lot more for my money.
The deserts on the other hand were lovely and the service by the men in there was really good.
But probably would not go again.

1  Thank KatieComer