“Currently closed”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
“Currently closed”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Be sure to call before you turn up. All of the previous reviews were good but if it is not open then hard to recommend

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Fdol

Isle of Wight
“Best Restaurant on the Island”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was our third visit to the Bay Grill, this time to celebrate my twins 22nd Birthday. Luckily for us the date co-incided with 'Thirsty Thursday" which offers fantastic BOGOF cocktails and 1/2 price Prosecco. The food, as always, was superb. A good choice between beautifully fresh and well cooked fish, and more usual family fare of burgers. The local steaks were fantastic, and there are good vegetarian options.
The location is excellent, with lovely views across the beach to the Solent. Worth the journey ALL the way from Freshwater (if you are an Islander, you will understand this comment!!).
We will definitely be making lots of return trips restaurant

• Visited August 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect spot, best Fresh seafood on the island”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

after a week on the island we found this place, excellent service, beautiful fresh seafood and very reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2011
Ryde, United Kingdom
“Best evening I have had for a very long time”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Had an works party and it was a great evening with friends, made so much better by the great location, food and service. We had drinks and nibbles (olives and breads) on the balcony overlooking Ryde sands as the sun was setting over Ryde Pier. The night was still and so was the sea, it was like being abroad.

Moving inside to eat, the meal was excellent, and more than lived up to its menu discription. I had the whitebait for a starter, which I love, and it was the best ever, and set the scene for what was to follow. Each course was perfection.

A good selection of drinks served by attentive staff, but not obtrusive. The balence was just right. Whilst it was a busy night, the service and food made it feel like we had exclusive use of the restuarant.

I recently had another meal , at a 4 star hotel in an awarded restuarant on the mainland, it was far more expensive, but no match at all for the Bay Grill on service, quality and tasty food. In fact I told the mainland restuarant I have eaten far better for less. I am looking forward to trying the brunch menu.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank AndyRyde
Isle of Wight
“Even Peter Andre did not detract from a fab meal”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Took my sister who was over from Paris for a few days. She is Fussy! But she loved her devilled whitebait starter and mackerel main course whilst my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our steak frites. Mr Andre was self-effacing and agreeable when photographed - he also told us he loved the island and the Bay Grill (it was his second visit) and was bringing his parents over next day for lunch. His presence, and that of his entourage did not detract from the service and food quality we experienced on this occasion - as usual we cannot wait to go back. Ten out of ten guys!

• Visited June 2011