“Hmm not again!”
Review of Joe's Cafe Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

Joe's Cafe Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Originally part of a small chain called Joe Daflos based in Southampton and Isle of Wight.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After a really bad experience in December 2011 we thought that we'd give Joes another try this time going for the Sunday lunch option. I have to say this time the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Good range of drinks and nice wine. The food however let them down! We went for the beef roast which looked nice on the plate but all was cooked differently (even tho we hadnt specified how we would like it cooked). One was med the other extremely rare and one so well done. On one of them there was still the string from being cooked! Our child had the chicken wrap, the chicken was dry and the cheese all melted to the chips which had been placed on top, maybe should have been served in a ramekin to help stop this. We did decide to have pudding as the childs meal includes an ice cream. Childs ice cream looked lovely, big scoop of a choice of ice cream with crushed flake and marshmellows which she loved. We ordered waffles with ice cream and sauce and eton mess. The waffle was very nice but small for the £6 it cost! And the eton mess was so dry as there was no cream mixed into it. All in all will only be going there for a drink from now on!

4  Thank Hazzz46

Reviewed November 14, 2012

went in for a coffee. Shocked to see the tables laid for meals - how many germs are on the glasses and cutlery?
eventually had to go to order our coffee as no table service was in operation. The coffee was awful - no crema on top - could have been instant!
sullen waitress eventually brought our bill, but then ignored the fact we wanted to pay it! waited ages for her to take our money.
wont go there again

2  Thank Liz S
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I make the argument unreservedly. I have eaten in restaurants five or more nights a week for the last two years, always in search of the best and most delectable, the most interesting and important. And I have come back again and again to Joe's because it produces A very interesting menu complimented with great service and an excellent wine list.

I highly recommend Joe's as one to visit because It always has an unbeatable atmosphere and a great selection of live entertainment in the evenings on weekends

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Have been to Joes many times, be it for lunch, an evening meal, a few quiet drinks or a typical weekend party night out. For me it works perfectly on all fronts. The music levels are spot on depending mood and time with wonderfully chilled out tunes when relaxing over lunch or dinner to high quality weekend sounds be they from the sound system, a dj or a live band. The food is of an excellent standard, beautifully presented and competitively priced. Throw in superb, efficient and friendly service every time I have paid a visit and you have the best possible package for all. A great atmosphere whatever the occasion, I can do nothing but recommend it to anyone thinking of calling in.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have eaten many of times in this Restrant! & Every experience I have had has been brilliant! Amazing service great food & Good menu's from Food, Cocktails & Coffee! Fab choice of music! & Best of all on the weekend the Restrant turns into a Bar! Would carry on going to Joes and would recommend this Restrant to my Friends & Family!