“Wasted my life's precious minutes...NOT TO VISIT”

Waltzing Waters Isle of Wight
Ranked #7 of 38 things to do in Ryde
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We group of 4 adult just arrived on time at 15:00 and bought the tickets as fast as we can and I was amused and asked the cashier has it started? the lady said it will be in a minute and we all rushed to the gate where one lady was waiting for us to join other people in auditorium.
When We all entered in the hall, you know what we 4 were only first and last viewer for the so called Waltzing waters... We thought we are very lucky having only in the 500 capacity hall to view the show. The hall is smelly as well as the chairs are not good. The fountain and music has no coloration at all. I have seen much better shows in the world. I was expecting a lot better then that. We all shamed our selves viewing and paying nearly £5 each. We walked out within 10 minutes as it was full horrible experience

NOT TO SPEND TIME EVEN IF THEY OFFER YOU FREE TICKETS... MUSIC CAN BE HEAR AT HOME ....

3  Thank Mike G

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really unexpected, but a good thing to go and see. The building where this is based is not one where you’d think there would be a water show. We managed to go online and print off a “save £1” ticket, so paid £3.50 per person. Parking is free. The shows are every hour. The show is worth a visit, although, 40 minutes is a hell of a long time. I think I fell asleep at one point. I think a 20 minute show for £2 would be better. The show itself is pretty spectacular, but just a note if your with kids, they will probably get bored. It was quite cold once the show started so bare this in mind before you visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A great place to go to pass a hour - either before heading back to the ferry, or for a rainy day.
It's a quirky but enjoyable attraction that feels like it belongs in a bygone age - much like the stock in the gift shop. The sheer abundance of fake flowers are frightening - and they don't fool anyone.
The bright lights, dancing fountains and dated music make this a coach party's dream destination.

Get an online voucher for a discounted entry.

1  Thank Jonathan10086
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was recomended to us and we didn't think it would be much, but it was loads better than we thought it would be. Easy to find and lots of performances thoughout the day. The youngest of our group (3 yrs) didn't like it much because it is done in the dark.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wet weather activity on our trip to the IOW, the first thing that struck me was that the building was dated and fairly basic, a little like one of those dark brick '70s swimming pool compllexes that seem liberally scattered across our inner cities. At the end of the day however, who cares if it looks dated, or smells a little damp inside (amazingly, these faint smells usually accompany indoor water attractions...) the bottom line was that, unlike most tourist attractions in the UK and especially "daan saaaarf" it wasn't eye-wateringly expensive. It cost us less than a fiver each for a 40 minute show, and even my 3 year old daughter was free which is a rarity now-a-days. The bits and bobs in the foyer/giftshop were reasonably priced too. I admit, nothing in the shop enticed me personally, but I was shocked to see reasonable prices on everything.

As for the show itself, I wasn't sure what to expect, and to be honest I agree that after 20 minutes you kinda "get the idea" and have pretty much seen the show, however the narration between "performances" was interesting, explaining how the water show works and explaining a bit about the music and the history of the show. My youngest (15 months) was transfixed throughout the show and my eldest (3) enjoyed dancing to celine dion more than anything else (we were the only ones in there so we let her go for it!)

All in all, it was good fun, and for the price, even if you're on the fence as to whether or not you would enjoy it, it's less than a fiver and its indoors on a rainy day. In today's world of high adrenaline, super expensive attractions, this place is a little gem, and sadly it's the kind of place that goes under the minute a massive bowling alley is built next door. It's got that quirky factor about it, and that, coupled with its fair pricing policy and fun show made it a thumbs up for me.