1,161 results
All reviews secret escapes steam room lake view bottle of prosecco relaxation room isle of wight included ferry full body massage changing rooms set menu lamb ferry crossing evening meal lovely hotel relaxing break night break restaurant staff
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

After a disaster of a hotel in Cowes we changed to Lakeside.
We stay in many hotels and this is without doubt one of the best.
Staff are polite and professional. The hotel is clean to a very high standard, lovely view & the food is superb.
Actually couldn’t fault it at all.
Well done all.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 242simonw
Reviewed October 26, 2018

Modern hotel set in the lovely surrounds of Wootton Bridge, located overlooking the tidal lake. Easy to find whether coming off the ferry at Fishbourne, or via Cowes, within minutes (although the traffic lights approaching Wootton, if coming from Cowes, can be very long as the lights are not set for the traffic flow!). Public transport is accessible nearby, although nothing beats having a car to tour the whole island.
The staff are very welcoming, polite and friendly. The room was very nice with tea & coffee facility and, on this occasion, overlooked the lake that gave wonderful views and was lovely for waking with the morning sun shining across.
There is also a swimming pool and other facilities that you would expect from a four-star operation. The spa is very good and reasonably priced.
We ate on one evening in the Brasserie. Intimate and pleasurable, although missed the homemade bread with our starters, the staff were again very friendly and knowledgable, of both the food and surroundings.
The breakfast could not be faulted. Great choice, presented very well.
Overall a very nice hotel, reasonable pricing within a great environment. Plenty of walks and some very interesting birds, including the 'resident' heron seen each day.

1  Thank BlueBton
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

We recently had our wedding at The Lakeside and it really was a beautiful location. We only had our ceremony at there but myself and my husband had the Solent Suit for 2 nights and I am aware that a couple of our guests also stayed there. Although we didn’t have any food there we did purchase 10 bottles of Prosecco for the guests as greeting drink, as well as what the guests would have spent over the bar. In total for our special day we must have brought The Lakeside £2000 ish.
The staff were friendly and the hotel lovely, I just felt for a special day such as a wedding a few little touches would have been nice.
When I got to the room, there was nothing in there that said I was getting married the next day, swans on the bed? A little card? Bottle of prosecco?
When we went to reception to ask about a travel cot for my room, the lady told me it was an extra £15 per night (in the end I was not charged for this, but with the price of the room I wouldn’t have expected to even have to pay extra).
The day of the wedding was lovely. However, I had taken over a special decanter with some flowers in for the table during the ceremony, but this wasn’t put out.
The Lakeside Park Hotel, is one of the best on the Island, and I would recommend that people go there. However, it’s not cheap and for such a important occasion I feel that some small details, going that extra mile, would have made it extra special.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Ideal setting for a break away. The ground floor lakeside room with patio was excellent and gave wonderful views of the lake and its birdlife. The breakfasts were excellent as were the quality of the evening meals. Perhaps more daily variation of dishes would be welcome and encourage more use of the dining room. Ideally situated for the ferries, walking, coastal resorts and Osbourne House. The spa facilities were very good including a jacuzzi, outdoor hot tub, sauna and steam room. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We will return.

Room tip: Lake view on ground floor when spa offers are available
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and grounds
Food delicious! Khalid the restaurant manager was delightful, some of the Brasserie staff not so, but maybe they were having a bad day! Chambermaids made the rooms up to a very high standard. Aiden and Georgie on reception were happy,helpful and friendly every day. We shall most definitely return.

3  Thank tabbycat009