“Beautiful spot”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ryde
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Beautiful spot”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was our first time on the island and we had an amazing time at Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa. We had a Secret Escapes Deal which was great value for money. The only reason I am not giving the "excellent" rating is the Brasserie. A three course meal was included, we booked for 7 o'clock and when we arrived staff were attentive but as soon as more guests arrived at the restaurant we felt very neglected. The menu was limited, food was fine, but my only vegetarian option was not marvellous. My second criticism would be the bed as I had something that looked like "bird droppings" on the duvet and the cover had a few marks on it as well. I didn't complain as I only noticed it late when I went to bed. I am sure it would have been rectified straight away, but I just felt it shouldn't happen in the first place. Staff however, at breakfast, the Spa and reception were very friendly and helpful and we had a great time. Breakfast is very nice, any special wish was granted, from herbal tea to cheese. I would certainly come back and recommend this for a romantic weekend away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view, it's beautiful
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here on the Secret Escapes offer, with a spa treatment and one evening meal included in our two night bed and breakfast stay it was a real bargain. Paying less here though didn't mean we were treated any less. All staff at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay so relaxing and stress free. From the Spa to the brasserie, nothing was too much touble. I would certainly recommend this hotel, I plan to come back too. One word sums it up.....fantastic! Thank you to Terry and his staff.

Room Tip: Lake view is the best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Having read a number of the reviews we can only agree with the positive reports that have been left here.We also had the good fortune to meet the owner,Terry, who is both keen to have your impressions about his hotel, and is open about his business.

We took one of the cut price breaks not quite knowing what to expect. It is finding a well run family business on this scale that is so rare and such a pleasant suprise.

When you first arrive you somehow expect from Lakeside's exterior appearance that you will be getting the usual formulaic 'corporate experience' .While all those components are there (spa,massage,pool, etc),it is quickly apparent from the high standard of cleanliness throughout, together with the willingness and cheerfulness of the staff, that this is something different.The personal touch is everything in places like this .

Ask your selves when you last met a Manager of a big hotel quietly checking if there was enough bacon on the breakfast bar or that the scrambled eggs are up to scratch?Or a manager,let alone an owner, who takes the trouble to ask you personally how you found your visit and really wants to hear your views?What a change from filling in the usual tick box questionnaire.

Get the real thing - treat yourselves to a refreshing change .Oh,and the Isle of Wight was good, too!

Frances and John E-C

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BLISTERSRUS
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with Secret Escapes under a package which included dinner on the first night and a massage.
I agree with previous reviews; great hotel, lovely rooms and attentive staff.
On arrival the hotel looked like an office building and I was slightly concerned. However, inside it is light and modern and attractively decorated. We had a large room with a view of the lake.
I needed to change my ferry booking and the reception staff did that for me without any trouble.
We ate in the hotel both nights and the food and service were excellent and the drinks were reasonablly priced for a hotel.
I had a massage in the spa and it was lovely. My husband is not a spa person so my time there was limited. The pool temperature was slightly too cool for February, but the steam room and sauna were very good.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

From start to finish the hotel was amazing, hotel was really clean room and view was ace , staff really friendly and helpfull, good spa faculties excellent massage foods amazing. Defiantly will go again.

• Stayed March 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely stay at the Lakeside. The hotel is great, very clean and modern. The staff are really excellent; so helpful and accommodating; my sister and I are vegetarian and they ensured we had veggie sausages at breakfast, as well as soya milk. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they really make the hotel what it is. The restaurant is also lovely and overlooks the lake, very pretty. We will return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spacious Bedrooms and Bathrooms superb views and facilities, peace, yet on the doorstep to all of the Islands attractions. Staff were attentive and friendly. Spa amenities superb. The menu was limited but was being upgraded whilst we were there. Breakfast was a delight.

Room Tip: Views over the lake are a bonus.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ryde
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 52 in Shanklin
The Wight
The Wight
#6 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!