“Worth the wait?!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had been wanting to dine here for some time, and 7 of us booked for my mothers birthday celebration. Restaurant was packed (as expected on a Saturday night), and they had rung the day before to say that their pizza oven was broken and they would not be able to serve pizzas, which was fine with us. We ordered drinks and our meals and then after a little while was advised that meat dishes would be a 45 minute wait, and would we wish to order some additional starters because of the wait. (We had already had olives and breads) So ordered a few items to share. Unfortunately the 45 minutes became almost 2 hours. I would love to be able to say it was worth the wait, but although the food was good, I can't honestly say it was worth the unreasonable delay. If it hadn't been my mothers birthday celebration I certainly would have left.

They did give us one bottle of wine free (we had purchased 4 bottles already, as it was a long wait!) and gave us 1 portion of free bread and free liquors. We did not complain, as we did not wish to ruin my mothers birthday, but sadly, would not return, or recommend due to the unreasonable wait or poor customer relations. Shame

1  Thank HappyHops

Reviewed November 9, 2013

what a great meal and superb wine . this was a special evening evolving around a particular area of italy never tried these dishes before what a treat for the taste buds the wine served complemented the meal superb. cannot wait for another regional night . staff wonderfull as usual

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Beautiful Italian cuisine and very authentic. Atmosphere is great and staff very friendly. Booking is recommended as it gets busy!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a second visit, the first, a few months ago was in the cafe 'side' and was far too cramped so asked for main restaurant. It was a special birthday so was important to me. But sat there for some time before being offered drinks or menu. The choice of starters is great - if you like bread! Poor if you don't want to fill up on it. Choice really lacked imagination.The food was tasty but tepid. Waitress made a big thing of the hot plates and to be careful but they were just slightly warm.
Heard a table of gentlemen muttering that their food was cold.
Pudding was just mediocre
Waitresses didn't seem very happy
On the whole a real downer as far as a birthday celebration goes

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our second visit to the restaurant. The first, a few months ago, was very good and we were pleasantly surprised. We invited some friends for dinner there this evening as we were quite impressed even though this involved a long drive across the island for them. I don't know if they were having problems this evening, but the service was not up to scratch. Firstly, we were there for more than an hour before we had any food. Secondly, the restaurant was blisteringly hot, really uncomfortable. Thirdly, I asked for one of the starters as a main course which the waitress readily agreed to, but I was really disappointed when I was given the starter as the main... I thought she'd understood that I'd like a bigger portion. Fourthly we asked for drinks which never turned up. Finally we didn't get a smile with our service all evening and the staff did not seem very happy or accommodating. The food was good but the experience was not. Overall it was very disappointing, I am embarrassed that we'd recommended the restaurant to friends and I wouldn't rush back.