“Proper italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Took my Mum there on our trip to the Isle of Wight & had a fantastic meal there on a Monday evening, my Mum had the salmon off the main menu & couldn't stop raving about the sauce it came with & I had one of the pasta dishes off the specials menu. The service & the setting was lovely, right on the seafront. Will definately go again on my next trip to Ryde. Very good value for a meal of this standard.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

this is a restaurant serving Italian food and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. It does get busy so you need to book

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We popped into the restaurant for a late Sunday lunch before catching the ferry back to the mainland. We were seated by a friendly waitress, and handed a menu. We were a bit confused as the menu in the window didn't match what we were handed - apparently they operate their evening menu all Sunday. This wasn't much of an issue in terms of price, but I wanted something from the lunch menu. No worries, though.

We ordered pizzas which were pretty good by English standards. Asked for water and got one glass though, which wasn't refilled. It's one of my biggest pet peeves - it costs next to nothing and is a nice touch, but some restaurants are really stingy on this front. We had also ordered sodas - so we weren't being cheap, but considering it was the middle of summer and we'd done a lot of walking, water would have been nice.

The decor was nice, and the restaurant was clean. The waitresses were always busy but were attentive and efficient enough in taking our order and bringing our food. Not overly warm or friendly though.

It's difficult to give this place a ranking. In the context of its surroundings, it's a nice place to have lunch, but it would probably not survive if it was in an area full of good alternatives.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I've seen great reviews here; but sadly, this was not my experience. I met a date here for Sunday lunch. The staff member's English was so poor I jad to repeat "coffee without milk" three times and when they took our drinks order, we asked to see the menu. We never saw this member of staff again.

The coffee was good, but I had to ask for the menu another three times. The staff member (the third one) did apologise and said she thought we didn't want food, despite me asking two other staff. Agter 15 minutes waiting, I had to ask someone to take our order, again; the excuse was I didn't think you wanted to order food. Either they didn't want to serve food or the staff on Sunday were just lazy.

Overall, it was a bad place, just need to reinforce some customer service skills. As we ate in the cafe part, I'm yet to experience the restraunt.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Tried to get in last Saturday but didn't book so we were out of luck but as we had been told how good it was, we tried again on Sunday and booked this time. Well, was it worth it ?? Yes indeed !! Food was fabulous, service great and the staff were really friendly and attentive. Lovely relaxed atmosphere which made for a great evening. Anyone visiting the I.O.W should put this one on their list of " to do's ".

Nothing more to say other than " don't miss this one !!! "