“Great Couple of Days in Ryde”
Review of Seahaven House

and 1 more site!
Seahaven House
Ranked #12 of 16 Ryde B&B and Inns
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Great Couple of Days in Ryde”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Conveniently located and a short walk from the train station. A warm welcome from the owner, and everything we needed was made available to us. If you have a room on the top floor, you can't access the free wifi, but you can go downstairs in the guest lounge and there's a strong signal.
The only complaint I have isn't the fault of the owners. The person who lives in the house next door, decided to play music LOUDLY for several hours and it went until nearly midnight. Luckily, it only happened the first night we were there.

Ryde itself is a neat place to walk around , and the train station and bus station are in the same place. Great walks along the water and I even found some sea glass to add to my growing collection .
Oh, and the breakfast is served in a very nice breakfast room, and is very tasty. (and there was plenty of it) Thanks Seahaven House!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn29Palms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
united kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was a last minute booking as going to the festival. Location perfect as bus to festival across the road. Allowed us to check in early and made to feel very welcome. Our bed was so comfortable . Car parking 2minutes away. Breakfast was nice plenty of selection and cooked fresh. Breakfast lady was lovely. If in Isle of Wight would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
uk south
Reviewed December 21, 2012

stayed for 2 nights, the room was small but clean and had all i needed and i slept well cheryl's breakfast was good and she made sure you didn't go hungry, there is a good choice of cereal ,yogurt etc and a full english that kept me going for the day. i was made to feel very welcome and i feel it was excellent value for the money, a good location with shops and resturants just around the corner, ryde pier opposite and a public car park 75-100 yards away. all in all a good base and i will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked the Seahaven House B&B at the last minute, as I decided to pop over to the IoW on the spur of the moment. It was August, so I didn't have much choice within my budget, but after staying for two back breaking nights, I should have paid more money and stayed somewhere else.

My room was a tiny box with a window that didn't open, a shower that was filthy, and a bed that sagged in the middle. The pillows were woeful, the blankets thin and there was only one hanger in the closet that can only be called "third hand". I felt like I was staying at my Nan's - circa 1980.

Even though the B&B says that hairdryers are included in the rooms, I had to go up two flights of stairs every day to fish one out of a box as we were asked to "please return when you are done so others can use it".

Breakfast was terrible. My undercooked bacon and cheap nasty sausages swam in pools of fat. The coffee was undrinkable - seriously rank, and I still, to this day, have no idea how toast can arrive at a table as cold and as hard as mine did.

I have no idea who ran the place as there was no one there to greet me when I arrived, I saw no one on site during the evening, and there was a different girl each day doing breakfast/taking the money. Very impersonal which is a shame as the people on the IoW are really friendly.

The only thing that the Seahaven House has going for it is its location. About a 20 min walk to the pier, less than 10 minutes to the man bus station, and less than 10 mins to Ryde centre where there are lots of nice shops, bars and restaurants.

But there are plenty of B&Bs around, so spend a bit more and save your back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank Claire G

Travelers are raving about these Ryde hotels

Chulmleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The young couple running this B & B are making a great effort to bring an old Victorian property up to date.The dining room is light and recently decorated in my sort of colour scheme (eggshell blue emulsion with chocolate contrast wallpaper);breakfasts were as large or small as guests wished with a selection of fresh fruit,yoghurts and cereals plus fruit juice.Cheryl's cooked breakfasts are brilliant with a wide choice as well as traditional English.
My bedroom was well decorated;furniture was basic but sufficient for my requirements;the only downside I found was a mattress much softer than I'm used to and a slight problem with the plumbing which no doubt will be rectified in due course but it didn't spoil my stay and wasn't sufficiently irritating to complain about. Cheryl phoned me the day before i was due to travel to check my time of arrival which I found quite thoughtful.Would I stay at Seahaven House again? - of course,if only for the welcome and Cheryl's breakfasts!!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are at the front ;single rooms tend to be at the side of the property with very l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
brisbane
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

A little tatty on the outside, but efforts to update made on the inside. Breakfast room was bright and food was lovely, with good service. Not sure who ran the place as no one around on either arrival or departure. Room was clean with some nice decorative touches. Bathroom needs work, shower's wall attachment was broken so had to hand hold the shower which was awkward, plus the water was mainly just a dribble. Bathroom window was large with just a net, needed a blind for the night, did feel slightly exposed and felt sorry for the many overlooking neighbours! expensive for what you got.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

It was absolutely filthy, it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Floor, ceilings, windows, curtains, lampshade, teapot, chairs, shower, bathroom, everything was just filthy. I had a four year old child with me and the dirt was a threat to her health. There was black mould around the window frames, across the bathroom ceiling and on the fabric curtains. We spent the night fully dressed, lying on top of the beds.
She used a rocking horse in the lounge and some strands of its hair came out. The proprietor accused her of "destroying" it and locked the lounge to all guests, denying the facility to everyone,
These proprietors do not live at this place so no management is on-site apart from odd slots in the day.
I confronted the landlady about the dirt and she didn't even try to deny it but said, "So you'll want to check out straight away." However, she refused to refund the extortionate cost of this one night, ₤99.
Avoid this place at all costs, if you value your health. Our photographic evidence is on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
18 Thank MoM M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ryde
Royal Esplanade Hotel
#1 of 2 in Seaview
Dorset Hotel
Dorset Hotel
#2 of 16 in Ryde

Been to Seahaven House? Share your experiences!