“Just not the Same”

Pickle Bill's Lobster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Large eclectic restaurant with river views from all seats. Open year round. Winter time only open for dinner Wed - Sunday. Home of the All You Can Eat Crab & more.... Spring & Summer Open for Lunch as well. Floating Barge on the River, dock up with your boat. We have a a roof top bar open in the spring and summer as well. Call anytime for reservations.
Painesville, Ohio
“Just not the Same”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have always enjoyed Pickle Bil's because of their fried shrimp, the best raspberry vinegrette dressing I have ever had and the delicious fried bread. We went last night, and sadly they only had 1 out of the 3. Our server told us they no longer had raspberry vinegrette dressing. I was very disappointed. Then our meals arrived and the fried shrimp were sad, poorly breaded, not crispy little shrimp with no tails. I could only eat a few of them. Thankfully, they still serve the fried bread. They did take 15% off our bill which was appreciated, but I still have no incentive to go back.

• Visited December 2012

North Carolina
“At least the pickles were good...”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

So, you are dining about a stone's throw from Lake Erie. Wouldn't you think the PERCH SPECIAL would be great? You would be wrong. It was greasy on the outside, overly crusted, and dry on the inside. The tartar sauce scared me. The fries were luke warm. On the upside, the signature fried pickles were delicious...

• Visited October 2012
Dublin, Ohio, United States
“Not as Fun as it used to be!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to PB's over Labor Day weekend after a trip up from Columbus. I was disappointed! After growing up in Lake County, PB's used to be the place we would go for fun on the river. Now the scenery is worn-down, the near-by restaurants are all closed, and the river was not busy at all. We sat outside - service was okay - my husband's oyster shooter was forgotten, my steak open-faced sandwich could have been better, and both my kids left their fries as they weren't up to par. We thought it a bit pricier than remembered, and my son said he remembered the rolls with cinnamon butter being yummier! All in all - not sure if worth the trip this time!

• Visited September 2012
MissyCooper, General Manager at Pickle Bill's Lobster House, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I do apologize for your dining experience here in Sept. Please except my sincere apologies and hope you will give us a second chance. Please ask for me the next time, I would like to extend a complimentary appetizer for you & your family. Thank You Missy
Watertown, New York
“Fun place great food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had dinner here with my son, his wife and her parents. What a crazy fun place right on the water. The food was awesome, I had lake erie yellow perch which I long for since moving away from lake erie. The fillets were huge and cooked perfect. If you've never tried it please do, it's the best fish there is! They're also known for their buckets of crab legs which my daughter in law had and I could tell she was in heaven eating them. Fun staff and atmosphere. Be prepared for a wait as it is packed to the rafters every night. Be careful who you talk to though it may be one of the random mannequins they have sitting around! So much fun!

1 Thank nurse1sue
Cleveland, OH
“LOVE the atmosphere”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a great evening eating out by the water with a pitcher of draft (good idea to get the waiter's advice on that--he knew which had gone flat). I've had calamari that I enjoyed more, but the lobster bisque was great and you should definately try the clam shooters! We had broiled seafood platter and lobster mac and cheese-both very enjoyable-lots ot lobster in the mac.
It was such a good time that we went again the next week since we were in the area again. My only complaints would be that the haddock was a bit too dry, and the crabcake had too much breading . However, the scallops were perfect, and we enjoyed the visits so much that we'll definately be back!

• Visited August 2012