“Anything but a gift horse”
Review of Hill Farm Stables

Hill Farm Stables
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Freshwater
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Anything but a gift horse”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Booked my daughter a pony ride, wish I'd never picked up the phone! As she's just coming up to three, she's too young for a proper lesson but we usually pay £10 for half an hour on a lead reign - I assumed the pony ride would be a similar experience. What a massive mistake! Not only were we asked for 'the cash' three times before my daughter even got on the pony, we received no help fitting a hat, no back protection - all a basic safety standard I would have thought. Having been made to feel a bit of an inconvenience we set off, only to return....8 minutes later! That works out as £1.25 per minute! Oh, but we were offered the opportunity to capture the moment on camera at the end. My daughter cried all the way home - I don't blame her. Alarm bells should have rung when booking as I wasn't asked about her age or experience - wouldn't that have been useful to determine suitability of the activity? If you're interested in a safe, professional and welcoming experience - not to mention value for money - find somewhere else!

Visited October 2012