“A great place to rest your head!”

The Caledon Guest House
Ranked #3 of 28 Cowes B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights in this delightful b&b and family home. The whole experience was great from the rooms to the exceptional breakfasts. Congratulations to all the family for making this seem like a home from home.

Room Tip: The en suite room are large and very well appointed and decorated. The rooms at the front of the hou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here for five days whilst I was completing a course on the isle of wight, I am 22 year old female, I had a single room with a shared bathroom; i couldnt have asked for a cleaner room it was lovely and comfortable and the bathroom was always clean and tidy and pretty much felt like my own. I woke up to the smell of freshly cooked bacon every morning. I felt safe and comfortable here and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants somewhere clean and comfortable with an appreciation for delicious, homemade local produce.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Myself and two friends shared a room here for two nights as we cycled around the Isle of Wight. It is a lovely place, really welcoming, great rooms and fantastic breakfasts (very important for hungry cyclists). The owners were great, let us keep our bikes out the back, the room was very comfortable and the shared bathroom had a fab shower. They are clearly very proud of their breakfasts and rightly so - really good quality, locally sourced ingredients, and I particularly loved the smoked salmon and poached eggs. I would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to the island.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lawrencemac
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked this guest house through lastminute.com and received an amazing deal. As soon as we booked the owner emailed us to thank us and check all the information was correct. When we arrived the manager was very friendly and showed us to the room. We had booked a triple room which was very spacious, i double bed and 1 single. The bathroom was clean and roomy and the tea and coffee making facilities did not have horrid nescafe original so was a clear winner. The view from the window was of the sea.

The breakfasts were out of this world. Locally sourced and cooked beautifully. The ketchup was even locally made and we hunted it down in the Co-op to take back home with us. There are local cakes for sale in the hallway and all manner of information in the lounge.

A must stay place in Cowes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clara B
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Caledon was a lovely and welcoming Guest House. Really well finished and very clean. Everything had a touch of class about it with the quality of a 5 star hotel apart from the towels but that was not a biggy.

The breakfast was out standing (smoked salmon and poached eggs) cooked perfectly and the smoked salmon was at room temperature :)

Myself and my wife will be staying there next time we go to the Island.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to from a shared bathroom to an on-suit either or really depends how you feel about...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I arrived soaked through to the skin after a wet day's sailing. I was allowed to check in mid afternoon and the room was very nice indeed. The Caledon is clean, quiet, and friendly.
It is only a 5 minute walk from the marina/town, and is easy to find.
Sadly, I had to leave earlier than I'd planned, to get back onto a damp boat... I'd have happily stayed for a leisurely breakfast but didn't have time, so had to miss out.
The Caledon is great, and an added bonus is it has one of the prettiest B&B owners I've ever met!! :-)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Do not hesitate to book your stay here!

Absolutely lovely and perfect in every way.

Great location, lovely hosts, clean & warm room and outstanding breakfast. Everything you want from a guest house.

We had a lovely stay and will be recommending this place to all our friends and families.

Room Tip: We stayed in the en-suite room, definitely worth the extra.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple