$154
$135
$112
Hotels.com
$80
Halcyone Villa B&B(Cowes)(Great Value!)
$89
$31
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
$84
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

Mimosa Lodge(Cowes)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just got back from a mid week stay at Gurnard Pines. We were really impressed at how spacious the lodge was and we would much prefer to stay in the lodges rather than the dated and drab looking chalets. The lodge has 2 comfortable sofas, tv with free view and DVD player. Fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with bath and shower (lovely and powerful) and another seperate toilet. The floorboards are extremely creeky though which is a downside if your trying to walk around quietly at night so you dont disturb others. The beds are also very firm, escecially the double which took some getting used to and also creeked. The cabin was mostly clean although the windows could do with a good scrub and they need to catch some of the cobwebs. The children aged 7 & 3 loved it, especially the indoor pool and soft play area. The only disappointment was that they don't open the outdoor pool except on hot weekends and the play park was closed. It's a shame Hoseasons who we booked with dont mention this when you book as the website is misleading in this.
But these were small things and there is so much to do on the Isle of Wight that it doesn't really matter. A great base for exploring the island and a spacious and comfortable cabin.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom lodges are set in a spacious green area and we would book again
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Absdabs05
Reviewed June 9, 2013

To be honest, Gurnard pines is what it is, like any other place. My family and I thought this was a great place for family to have a nice relaxing time. We all loved it.

We rented a lodge- cheaper than a chalet. We payed the price of the lodge, but the person in charge got mixed up, and gave us a chalet instead! Now, this was good, a chalet is much better than a lodge, and we were glad we got a chalet instead- it was so tidy, and a lovely place to stay for 5 days. The chalet had lots of space, so I would recommend the chalet- its cozy and clean.

Honestly, I really cant think of anything I would change, apart from there needing to be more childrens activities- the pool closes at 7:00 pm for children under 13, so I think that is reasonable, but otherwise it's an enjoyable holiday.

One thing I have to say is how other people are complaining about cleanliness- it is clean, tidy, and well- kept. Now, I might be in my late teens, but I know the difference between clean and dirty- it is Definitely NOT dirty.

Also, most of the time, you're not in gurnard pines- you are out and about, visiting the island. The only time you're in there is Breakfast, dinner, and night.
But if you do stay for a day in there, it is a lovely experience. My sister and I were recording the ducks, squirrels, and rabbits. It was sunny when we stayed, so we were outside, and in the swimming pool. We all enjoyed it, and were sad to leave.

I do think this is just a tad out the way of everything else- but very close to the needles- that's a bonus. I also think it is rather expensive, but if I were to come back with family, I would definitely choose Gurnard Pines again, and recommend to other people.

So, this is a perfect place for family all ages, up to 6 people. Our family really enjoyed themselves, and I hope you do too.

Room Tip: Great for families, and lovely scenery near chalets.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelBunny-nsbb
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Sadly, one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Accommodation is badly equipped, and in desperate need of a thorough clean. Odd rules about opening the children's play park (closed at least 2 days we were visiting) and wouldn't open the outdoor pool on hottest day of year so far. Staff are obnoxious and extremely rude, never saw the receptionist smile once during my stay. On the positive note the chalet was fairly spacious and the location good for travelling around the island.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Happyholiday1
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

As said Shear panic when we arrived But overall accomidation was perfect for what we needed. When we first arrived I was very unimpressed as the grounds where very unkept and dirty chalets near the reception area I was ready to ask for my money back straight away but thought let's just have a look where we r staying and then make our mind's up. I would firstly say the staff at reception are A+ very helpful in our enquiries and advice for where to go and what to do as we had come for a hen weekend. We took a short drive to our chalets fingers crossed the roads are not as bad as other reviews say they are and the chalets we stayed in where spotless large and we we're shocked and very surprised how well equipped the kitchens are. Beds are comfy and clean and hot tub was fabulous. Infact it was ideal for us our chalets were nunumbers 279 & 280 and at the other end of the park near the woodlands. There is not much around the area so you will need a car or they have taxis that will come to the reception if you want to go intoccowes taxi around 6 pounds. They have a fantastic gym and a average pool as well as a outdoor pool and bar also a good indoor play area and a outdoor park which all were open they do not have a on-site shop which was a shame but we had already brought we needed with us. My only niggle is this place has so much potential and in need of a good groundsman with a little TLC this would be a lovely place to stay. I can't stress enough that the staff are great tho Eileen especially who I had a many conversations with before we arrived.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank caps111
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed last weekend in a rustic lodge on a newspaper deal. Very strange place! Glad I read the reviews before we went as it lived up to our expectations! The place seems to have been abandoned, all looked very tatty & tired. Will someone please give this place the attention it deserves?! Having said that the lodge was plenty big enough for 6 of us & as a place to sleep it did the job, but nothing more.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family