See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've only just returned from my short stay @ Gurnard Pines. After reading some reviews (subsequent to having made my booking), I was of the opinion that maybe I had made a wrong choice of venue. I also felt slight apathy when I telephoned to upgrade my accommodation, this due to the fact that I had booked through 'The Sun'. I could not upgrade because of the 'Promotional Offer'!
However, we arrived there early, shortly after 3pm. Check in should have been 4pm but we managed to check in straight away. Contrary to some reviews our accommodation was immaculate and incredibly clean. We also found it tremendously spacious, an added bonus as this made the place feel homely.
The staff were friendly and courteous, and when I reported a problem some repairs that needed to be done, these were very promptly dealt with. Another surprise of course bearing in mind some previous negative reviews which I had read!
I made use of the gym and found it to be well equipped and user friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed using the swimming pool, which was never crowded, and felt clean!!
We had chosen this place because we wanted a 'quiet short break', and it turned out to be just that, and just perfect for us. We've had a terrific time at Gurnard Pines and we'll most certainly be returning in the summer.
Our main regret this time is not making our booking longer, this place was certainly 'home away from home'.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank beefy39
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family of 4 booked to stay for 4 nights through the Sun promotion, which seemed like a bargain at the time at £38, then £38 for the ferry (which was very good) and expected, but then we were stung by the 'Resort' costs of £105, broken down this was, £10 per head service charge, ok, £25 for bedding, ok...but £40 for Leisure passes??!! What a con! there was nothing for the kids to do, just a small ice cold pool and a tiny jungle gym from ages 1-10.

Overall the rustic lodge was good, warm and roomy, with all equipment expected for self catering. But we had to make the double bed with a heavily stained duvet and tatty pillows (I wish we had brought our own bedding) we paid £25 for this luxury!?! We had to find a shop in the middle of nowhere to buy toilet rolls as there is no onsite shop. The bathroom was grimy with mildew spots and orange grime around the bath and the shower curtain.
I would not recommend this 'Leisure Resort'....it was basically a small leisure centre that happened to have Rustic lodges and council house chalets in the grounds.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank IOWfamilyof4
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We booked for a group of us to go for a dinner and dance at Christmas. A few days before we were about to go they cancelled our evening. We have been promised a refund (cheque in the post) and a promise of collecting the cash if we went out their. So last Friday we went out there to be told nobody had left any cash for us in the safe.
My wife phoned again to be told someone will phone back. How long does it take to process a refund, they were quick enough to take our money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sumara
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We booked this as a Birthday treat as we had never visited the Island and as it transpired it really was the only place open.
First impressions are that it was not clean. Heavy brown staining in the toilet bowls. Ugly black marks on the main bedroom carpet and when we tried to use the oven to bake a Birthday cake it almost caught fire because of the centimetre of grease inside. One of the bedrooms hadn't even been 'hoovered' as there was a medicine cup on the floor.
Be warned, you have to bring everything with you. Not just toilet paper, cleaning materials, but light bulbs are a good idea (we had 3 out) and if you use more than one towel normaly, ie, a hand towel in the bathrooms, bring those as well.
As for the hot tub. The temperature is preset and cannot be altered, but worse, although we were there for a week, no one checked on the water quality at any time.

Room Tip: Although this is a Hoseasons resort it is not up to their normal high standard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Boacflyers
Reviewed January 24, 2013

we came here in jan for fri/mon we had a rustic lodge for 99.99, wow they are huge and very nice, one downfall you open the door and walk straight into kitchen area wich is very small, rest of the park is very peacefull and the lodges are set in mostly woodland ,but theres nothing on the park its self , theres a swimming pool wich is very basic, soft play area for little ones (although my 12 yr old enjoyed it aswell) please note there is NO shop at all here , to be honest had no probs finding the place used sat nav ,use the chain ferry will save you time ,2.00 per car runs till 12.30 at night good cos we didnt get over till 9.30, would go again for a rest

Room Tip: although the villas have a hot tub i would choose the rustic lodges for size
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family