$154
$126
$135
$112
Hotels.com
Halcyone Villa B&B(Cowes)(Great Value!)
$89
$31
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
$86
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

TripAdvisor
Travelocity
Gray's Inn(Cowes)
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went for a family break. We were welcomes to the Holiday Park, were were given lots of information on all that was on offer including activities for our son. We had a good look around reception and their facilities. We were really impressed on all they offered for children, and their gym. We followed the very clear map to our classic villa...... and I was expecting to be disappointed after reading some of the reviews last week (enough to put anyone off!!) but to our suprise, it was lovely. A lovely clean villa/house with two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms (one iwth a bath and one with a shower) a really cosy lounge, dining area, and a kitchen. .....and our baby cot as requested (although didnt use it as our son wanted to sleep in the lovely clean beds). On Saturday the weather was great so we went out to some attractions (great offer that we got with red funnell (2 for £25.00), and on Sunday it rained all day so we enjoyed the childrens activities with our son, and went to the gym, then out for some sunday lunch, and stayed in with a bottle of wine and watched x factor, truly bliss. When receptionist took interest in what we had planned for the day and we said not much so she spent a good 15 mins showing us a map with some indoor attractions and facilities that we may want to do, She was very helpful. When I handed the keys in this morning the same lady asked me what we did yesterday and I told her, she said she was glad we went out for, and enjoyed our sunday lunch ! We commented on how much we enjoyed our stay with them, and that we would return one day soon, I would recommed Gunard Pines to all, and dont take notice of the bad reviews. If you want a peaceful break away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life, then this is exactly what you are looking for! Thank you Gunard Pines !

Room Tip: Any classic villa, im sure is good !
4  Thank Hellim77
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife booked this with the Mirror and after reading some very poor reviews we were doubtful about the pending stay. Well folks the poor reviews are misplaced. The saying you get what you pay for does not apply here, you get more than what you pay for. Reception warm and welcoming, handouts, maps and information given so you knew when and what was on, all events for our 4 year old were identified to us. The chalet had full central heating, was very clean and everything worked. If you do Sun or Mirror holidays like us and have stayed in some pretty dismal bronze caravans with no heating as standard then you should realize how much you get for your money here. If you want boozy late nights in the bar whilst your kids are abandoned back in the chalet then this park is not for, I repeat if you want boozy loud this is not for you. The pool, the softplay area, the gym, tennis courts, play area, woodland nature trail etc etc are all great as are the activities like archery and fencing. The food and bar are fine and normal price as are the kids menus. Well done and thanks Gurnard, we will be back.

5  Thank Marcus H
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We (Husband and I) stayed at Gurnard Pines for 4 nights commencing 10th September, booked through Hoeseasons.

We chose this park as we were visiting National Trust/English Heritage sites on the island and did not want any night-time entertainment, so knew there would be little there to do and that was the case.

Our first impression outside reception/gym/restaurant was not very encouraging as a couple of the chalets badly needed cleaning on the outside, but it transpired that many of the chalets on this site are owner occupied and the cleaning is obviously down to those owners. I was wondering if I had made a great mistake. However that proved not to be the case.

We arrived at about 3 pm and were given the keys to our chalet immediately. Even though there were only 2 of us, because nothing else was available when we booked, we had a 3 bedroomed Classic Villa, with en suite shower room and a family bathroom. We were very pleased when we entered. The chalet we had No. 264, had everything we wanted in it, hob/cooker, ‘fridge, freezer and dishwasher. All the crockery and utensils were clean as was the accommodation itself. The kitchen/lounge/dining area is a good size. The bedrooms are large and our bed was very comfortable. We couldn’t get the television to work and went back to reception. Within minutes a maintenance chap came, realised that it wasn’t us being stupid in not knowing how to operate it, which we thought could have been the case, and went off and came back very quickly with a replacement. The televisions were very old, as you do now expect flat screen televisions everywhere, but as long as it worked I wasn’t that fussed.

On our arrival we had a quick look round the swimming pool, gym and restaurant areas and these all looked good. However with our best intentions we never did get round to using any of them as by the time we had got back from a full day out around the island all we wanted to do was to put our feet up and relax. We did look at the menu in the restaurant but there did not appear to be a great deal of choice, burgers, pizzas and stuff like that which we didn’t want.

We had hoped that there would be a couple of decent pubs in Gurnard, as we did originally intend to eat out a couple of times, but neither of the pubs we came across looked particularly inviting, so we ate in for 3 nights and ate out once in Cowes. Cowes was a bit of a disappointment to us.

In my opinion this park would not suite anyone with children. There is little to do and the park is away from everything. The beach at Gurnard is not good and there are only a couple of small shops. You can’t even call Gurnard a village as there was no centre to it. As I stated above this suited us as we were using it as a base but if you wanted any more I think this would not be for you.

The areas where the hired chalets are are relatively well kept but some other areas do need some sprucing up. I’m not a great one on “health and safety” but I do feel that the site owners should do something about the “pond” which has been completely overtaken by plants and you would not know that it was a pond except for a life safety ring nearby. It wasn’t until you got up close to it that you realised there was water in it and I would be concerned if I had small children who could easily run into it and get caught up very quickly in the plants. As the pond is in the area of some of the rustic chalets, which are for hire, I think this needs to be attended to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BAN49
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have just got back from a very good weekend away at this site, I'm surprised at the negative reviews on trip advisor, as we found the site, the accommodation, (6 berth log cabin) and the reception staff very good, We were five adults and one 2 year old. The cabin was very clean with everything we needed for a short break. The kitchen was a bit on the small side but we got by ok, my son doing the cooking. All in all it was a good base with peace and quiet in the evenings. We would go again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cabin 402, no problems with noise etc.
5  Thank JohnLKent
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family and I recently returned from a 4 night mid week stay and we were pleasantly surprised given the very negative reviews we had read prior to our stay.

With 2 children under 2, we were simply looking for a base to see the Isle of Wight from and were not particularly interested in using any facilities on the site.

The accomodation itself was very spacious and clean. Our only complaint was that the mattress on the main bed was very uncomfortable.

From what we saw of the main building, it was a little dated and in need of refurbishment but certainly did not have any bearing on how much we enjoyed our holiday!

I can understand other's disappointment if the expectation is that this is a lively holiday camp but for us it suited us perfectly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family