“VERY COSY”

Albert Cottage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cowes
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here for a week whilst on business........this is a fantastic hotel. The room was very large and even had a leather sofa by the TV so I wasnt just sat on the bed all the time (I have stayed in more expensive hotels and the rooms were no where near as grand as the one I had), the bathroom as well was very spacious.........the food was very tasty (do nott expect big portions). The staff were helpful and friendly and could not do enough. I will be bringing the wife here in high season as when I was there Cowes was dead at night and not much to do.

Considering I was here for a week by myself I did not feel boxed in due to the size of the room and grounds so I would imagine a nights stay would be fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Albert Cottage Hotel

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We have not yet stayed at the hotel for a holiday but we have dined in the restaurant here twice. Once part of the Osborne House estate this delightful hotel is open to non residents for lunch and dinner. The food here is beautifully prepared, cooked and presented. The staff were attentive without being invasive and the menu is reasonably priced at around £25 per head for three courses/dinner. We shall definitely be returning -hopefully for an overnight stay next time!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed for only one night in room 7 . What a lovely room ,lovely bed, lovely decor, want to go back ! We also had Sunday lunch, 10/10 had a job to walk after ! Just had to eat everything put in front of us ,very high standard . This Hotel is very near to Osborne House, and is the former home of Queen Victoria`s daughter Princess Beatrice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Myself and my bride Laura got married at Albert Cottage in July 2011. We chose to have exclusive use of the hotel for 24 hours for family and friends. The price for the wedding overall was very competitive especially when you consider that this is a beautiful setting with lovely grounds and great rooms facilities and food.

We had an amazing time, the staff were excellent, Manager Richard and our personal contact Kat, did everything to make our day smooth. We loved how we didn't have to worry about anything at all on the day as all of the key elements from the ceremony to the toasts to the cutting of the cake and the evening buffet were all co-ordinated by the hotel team.

So, to summarise, the service was perfect, the rooms are amazing (with each having it's own character), the location near the ferry port from Southampton and Osborne House was spot on and the food is top notch. We could not have asked for more and we would recommend Albert Cottage to anyone. It's perfect for a meal, a weekend stay or a wedding!!!

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our day perfect. We'll always remember you!

Patrick & Laura

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Patrick L
Reviewed August 20, 2011

this was our wedding venue for 2009 and its lovely. all in all great service, perfect location..

I am also a photographer so have shot alot of weddings here also.. a great choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Weddingfolio
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I pre-booked in Albert cottage - however when we arrived the room we booked was unavailable??? The staff could not sort it out and their service was terrible - we stated somewhere else instead - on looking around we are glad we stayed elsewhere - unorganised mess and shameful service

• Stayed: June 2011
9  Thank 17,422,789
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel is in a good location, minutes away from the red funnel ferry terminal and a 10 minute walk ( plus chain ferry) in to the centre of Cowes. I was really impressed when we drove up to the hotel, it looks lovely. We had a twin room ( all they had available when i booked) which was nicely decorated in a victorian style and a large bathroom, with an amazing power shower!! Two things let this hotel down. One was the staff, polite but not in the least bit friendly or interested in their guests, maybe they were just stressed as they had a wedding party in. Then the breakfast was very meagre and there wasnt much on offer on the buffet ( lots of poached fruit ) plus we were only offered I small cup of coffee, no refil and no one in sight to ask. For me a hotel stay isnt just about a lovely comfortable room its also about the atmosphere and welcome we receive especailly when paying £135 a night. so unless these issues are addressed I wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RFB33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowes
North House
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
The Fountain Inn
The Fountain Inn
#5 of 5 in Cowes

Been to Albert Cottage Hotel? Share your experiences!