“Great cocktails and friendly staff”
Review of The mess-canteen+Bar - CLOSED

The mess-canteen+Bar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: NO BOOKINGS OR RESERVATIONS 1ST COME 1ST SERVED BASIS!!!! The Mess-canteen+bar is set in the heart of Cowes and provides local fresh homemade food at honest affordable prices. The menu changes daily depending on the seasonal fresh produce that is available from local suppliers. The Mess is a place that can be enjoyed throughout the day serving breakfast,lunch and dinner. By night the fresh fruit jam jar cocktails have proved to be a hit with all ages, even the children can enjoy the non alcoholic mocktails. Whether you are stopping by for one of our hearty breakfasts,mouthwatering lunches, award winning coffees and homemade cakes or having a jar with friends over dinner The mess-canteen+bar will provide you with a relaxing atmosphere and leave you wanting more.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Have been at least half a dozen times now and happy to note the consistency of service and delicious cocktails. Wobbled my way through the cocktail list and have picked 'The Ginger Mess' as my favourite and definitely one that I will be adding to the cocktail list in our bar in St. Anton.
Well done guys and good luck!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We went out of our way to find this place based on the TripAdvisor reviews, and it was well worth it. A lovely little place which does what it does very well.

We both had burgers which were a bit higgledy piggledy where they had been handmade, and shared a (huge) portion of chips and it was really good. Not too fancy, not huge, just good quality food at a good price.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Parsley44
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Have been here for cocktails many times and have always been really pleased. Went in for breakfast and it was lovely, quick and pleasant service. I had mushrooms in a tarragon and cream sauce on toast. It was just perfect. Really looking forward to going again. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Tasha D
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've had great breakfasts, lunches, cakes, beers and cocktails at The Mess. Happy to go there any time of the day and is now my first choice when going to Cowes for drinks or food. Service is always above what is expected and comes with a cheeky smile. Been through all of the bars and restaurants in Cowes a number of times over the years and I can say that Mess has got it spot on. Don't be discouraged by that bad review below.. I live in Cowes and work in Southampton and heard nothing but praise for this place around town and on my commute. Go check out this charming little place which now gives Cowes a unique addition to the bar/restaurant community...

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

A lovely chilled out place to relax and sip a cocktail. I love the little finishing details here...The staff have always been polite and friendly. I haven't had a chance to sample the food but it looks mouth wateringly delicious and I will be stopping by very soon to sample!