My family and i returned from a weeks holiday to Thorness Bay IOW about a week ago & might i say that i have never been so dissapointed in all my life. I have never had to complain before (as we have holidayed in caravan parks for a few years now) but the standards are unbelievable.
Me were booked to stay in a Platinum grade caravan - which was sold before we arrived!!!! and therefore we were allocated another caravan - only to be told that it would be a silver grade (Not even a gold). Now....I am not a snob but i chose a new (er) caravan as my children are very young and one of them is crawling (and i was worried about the carpets basically being dirty in an older model). That is why we paid extra to stay in a newer model. I was told that they were going to allocate me one of the Best, Newest & Nicest Silver grade caravans they had (so i thought ok - how bad can it be?)
Where do I start? well....If that was the Nicest Silver grade they had i would hate to stay in a bad one!!!!!. There was mould growing on the floor, the carpets were stained badly, cobwebs everywhere, the bedroom my baby was to stay in was damp & mouldy, the toilet didn't flush properly, the fire alarm was faulty and kept going off in the night...I could go on & on. The Point is that on complaining about all of this we were told that they couldn't move us - EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE VACANT CARAVANS IN OUR AREA ALL WEEK!!!!!! - they did come and fix the toilet, put a new battery in the smoke alarm (which didn't fix the problem) and ellegedly shampooed the carpets (which if they did my 2 year old could have done a better job).
Their clubhouse bar was also a joke, we had to drink our drinks from paper cups as they had run out of glasses (though it wasn't that busy) and when our meals arrived one of our party had ROTTING & BLACK Lettuce in his salad - we advised the waitress who didn't seem concerned so we saw the catering manager who again wasn't overly concerned and didn't offer to even give us a refund for that particular meal (as a good will gesture). Needless to say we didn't eat there again.
On a final note Thorness Bay has had £1 million pounds worth of renovations - to the staff offices and caravan sales area. This money would have been better spent on their Poor quality, low Grade accomodation.
THORNESS BAY - DON'T EVEN GO THERE!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Isle of Wight countryside, Thorness Bay is a big hit with everyone. Why not stroll down to the bay - it's just at the bottom of the park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Hotel Cowes
- Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts Cowes, Isle Of Wight