Just arrived back from a 7 night October break with the better half and nipper and to be honest we all had a great time. I stayed in a Platinum caravan which was situated in the Solent Village part of the park which to be brutally honest was a lot more pleasant on the eye that the other parts of the park which seems to be populated with residents and tired looking holiday homes which could do with a good clean. Would definately recommend going as high up the scale of accomodation as you can as you will have more pleasant surroundings and a nicer outlook as it is not situated in a heavily wooded area therefore you don't have tonnes of leaves etc lying around but it is autumn so what do people expect? and the fact the park was closing down for end of season at the end of the following week.
Anyway enough waffle i'll get to the point.
All the staff were very nice and helpful the kiddies teamsters were brilliant but looked knackered but 9 months of screaming hyperactive kids getting on their case like mine was would be enough for the best of us, happy holidays chaps.
Resturant was not brilliant, venture out for meals there are some cracking family pubs around
that do good food.
Adult & Kids entertainment i take my hat off to them good work better than watching x factor
Pool not bad my 3 1/2 year old loved it
Caravan was brilliant only fault was the plans on their website showed a bath, we only had a shower, which was better than the one at home but need to specify at booking for a bath for the kids (little ones anyway)
Kids play area and outside courts need some attention but being end of season i can't really moan.
Last thing..... you get what you pay for, i read a few previous reviews about The Sun £9.50 Holidays and iffy bronze caravans and all i can say to them is what did you expect the Ritz??
I enjoyed it overall and so did the family and i would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Isle of Wight countryside, Thorness Bay is a big hit with everyone. Why not stroll down to the bay - it's just at the bottom of the park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Hotel Cowes
- Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts Cowes, Isle Of Wight