“Refused Pudding”

The Fountain Inn
Ranked #38 of 62 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Refused Pudding”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

A party of four ate here late evening around 9pm, we were seated in the dining area of the pub away from the bar area the bar person said the drinks would be brought to the table but 15 minutes later still no drinks we had to remind the bar staff we were waiting for drinks and still waiting to order food, our starters and main courses eventually came after around 30 minute intervals, still poor drinks service is this a restaurant ? then the ultimate failure in service came when we asked to see the desert menu we were told sorry the kitchen staff have finished for the night ! having spent around £100 so far we demanded to speak to management but alas no manager was on site, we politely pointed out that we expected a considerable discount as this had put a real damper on the evening, hey presto desert was now available ??
This establishment on this particular evening was being run by young inexperienced staff I hope they get their act together in future to improve the service.

1 Thank nellcaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Fountain Inn B&B last weekend and I must say I was quite impressed with the restaurant. I Had a steak for dinner one night and it was cooked to perfection. I also had breakfast the next day and was equally impressed with the quality of the food. Staff were efficient and polite at all times.

• Visited May 2013
“best fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

we stayed in the fountain yesterday and wasn't disappointed! All three of us went for the fish and chips and it was perfectly cooked, nicely presented - the batter was delicious! we enjoyed our stay there as well

• Visited April 2013
United Kingdom
“Nice food. Shocking service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The food was ok. But the staff were shocking, only three on a busy Saturday night. It took nearly 15 to get served, this might be ok but there was only one person in front. The glasses were dirty the tables were dirty and it didn't seem to bother anyone. Such a shame.

Newport Isle of Wight
“Terrible breakfast, terrible value.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I popped into the fountain for a quick breakfast before getting the red jet, I shoulntn't have bothered. It's pretty difficult to screw up porridge but they managed it, watery and bland with the added bonus of not being given a spoon so I had to use the teaspoon from my coffee as the waitress disappeared as soon as I was given the bowl. The quantity was also risible, the bowl was less than half full and it wasn't big to begin with, it wouldn't fill up a ten year old let alone a grown man! The final bonus was being charged £7 for a luke warm coffee and this poor excuse of a breakfast. Avoid.

1 Thank Daniel_Hodgson1984