“Just Right”

Ranked #1 of 29 Cowes B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Just Right”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights at this beautiful house and found it very welcoming and spotlessly clean. Paul collected us from the Red Jet terminal where we were also dropped off on the way back. It is a pleasurable 15 minute walk into Cowes where transport is available by bus to all parts of the island and in our opinion a car is not an absolute requirement.
All in all a great choice and a guest house to suit everyone, they also have a regular green woodpecker visiting!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was a long way from home but felt very welcome and comfortable staying at mimosa lodge, while I visited an old friend on iow. I felt safe and relaxed while I was on my own at this beautiful home. Breakfasts were great and fuelled me on the many walks I went on during the day.

Room Tip: Room at the top was wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed during the Round the Island Race and so glad we did! Took 10/15 mints to walk in to Cowes, but were often given a lift by the owner. She even got up at 5 to make us breakfast!
We're just disapointed we spent most of the time away and would have much prefered to have had time to enjoy it.
We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: We had the room on the ground floor at the far end and were very pleased.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our 3-night stay at Mimosa Lodge was like staying with family or friends. Nothing was too much trouble for Sally and Paul. We are regular B & Bers and we are rarely disappointed with our carefully chosen accommodation, but this choice goes into the exceptional category. If you are holidaying on the Isle of Wight, then Mimosa Lodge is the place to stay.

Chris and Mike B

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent 5 nights B & B at Mimosa Lodge, using it as a base for visiting family and friends. It was the first time I had travelled to the Isle of Wight on my own, and I hoped the arrangement would be successful. I was not disappointed. Sally and her family were most welcoming, nothing was too much trouble and I felt very much looked after and pampered. The breakfasts and facilities wrere excellent and I hope to return again.

Room Tip: Alll rooms are tastefully furnished. I enjoyed the space and comfort of the double bedroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Carmarthen
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Mimosa Lodge for one evening. Paul was so kind to pick us up from the ferry.We were on the island to attend a family funeral. Paul also took us to the funeral, and afterwards back to catch the ferry. We had a fantastic room, overlooking the sea,watching the boats and ferries passing by, a huge bathroom with a fantastic shower. Paul and Sally made us very welcome, I felt that we had known them for years. The breakfast was very tasty and plenty of it.. When we visit the Island again, we will certainly book into this wonderful B & B. I've stayed in numerous B&B's in this country, this has got to score 10/10. Thank you so much to Paul and Sally. Will definitely see you again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this B&B over a bank holiday week-end. It was a really pleasant stay. We appreciated the pick-up from the ferry, the restaurant recommendations and the very delicious home cooked breakfast. Our room was also really tastefully decorated, with everything you could need, including a big bathroom, tv, wifi, hair dryer and kettle. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a good jumping off spot to explore the beautiful Isle of Wight. The owners were amazing hosts and went out of their way to make us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowes
North House
The Caledon Guest House
Onefifty Cowes
Onefifty Cowes
#2 of 29 in Cowes

Been to Mimosa Lodge? Share your experiences!