“Will not return”
Review of Lugleys of Cowes - CLOSED

Lugleys of Cowes
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Relaxed Elegant Restaurant with seaviews offering Morning Coffee,Lunches & Sunday Lunches,Afternoon Tea,Dinner and Bar drinks/snacks......ALL WELCOMEWe also Cater for Private parties large or small inc Weddings
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Will not return”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived early so decided to have a drink outside, a good idea until the waitress decided to plonk herself next to us and have a cigarette!! YUCK!!!

The restaurant itself is actually quite nice, simple décor not too fussy.

I ordered a monkfish curry and my husband ordered sea bass fillet. Were given complimentary bread and homemade humous. The bread was not homemade and actually we saw a member of staff arrive back from the Co-op with bags of bread.....not good!! Does this place not have a back door?! The staff really should use and find it!

I ordered the curry having the asked the waitress whether it was a coconutty and she said it was, sort of like a mild green curry. Great! This is not was arrived. I had a red, tomato-ey curry. Anyway, I persevered.....

I wasn't great, couldn't tell I was eating monkfish, very bland and overpowered by the sauce. Pancetta was cut into such small pieces I couldn't get any taste from them either. Pointless balsamic dressing....on a curry?!?!!? Also ordered a side of chips.....waaaay too much salt for my liking, why couldn't the main dish have been seasoned like this?

Husbands food wasn't much better either, again balsamic dressing all over the plate, didn't taste of a great deal.

All in all not a great meal and could have spent £40 elsewhere!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cmsd
charlotte v, Manager at Lugleys of Cowes, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us.
I think the fact you thought a waitress had sat next to you smoking probably set your mind thought for the rest of your experience and I would feel the same.
I have checked with staff and cctv to see who it was and in fact this young lady does not work for us although I can see why you may have been mistaken being as she wears a very similar uniform and had actually just finished work and called in for a drink.
Sincere apologies

Charlotte Venables

“Slow service and over ambitious”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The dining rooms are nicely laid out and the menu looks interesting. However it is over ambitious and some of the dishes do not quite work. They give the impression the chef has just graduated from catering college and is trying too hard. They should make dishes simpler and concentrate on the quality of the ingredients (which were good). Service was slow but this could be because it was a Monday early in the season. The location is very good with nice views out to the water and an outside eating area.

Visited May 2013
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Beautifully presented and interesting food!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our first visit to this restaurant which is situated on Cowes front so you can see the yachts, ferries and red jets coming and going! We chose from the set evening menu (3 choices on each course) and found it very good value. Everything was delicious, and beautifully presented, service just right from the nice smiley staff! The restaurant is pleasantly decorated and very comfortable with easy chairs as well as the dining areas. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013
“Will be returning very soon”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

New to the cowes area and went for a walk with my wife on a nice evening and come across this place the food was far better than expected. There where only a few tables in so atmosphere was quiet and relaxed. Staff very welcoming nice touch with the homemade Turkish delight with the bill. Will defiantly be bak and highly recommend...

• Visited April 2013
Cowes, England, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

we had a 3 course meal and it was lovely. service was brilliant. and it had a great atmosphere. i had an offer for the restaurant which made it a bargin but i would go back and opay full price any day.

• Visited March 2013