Best Western New Holmwood Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsceiling fanrecommend this hotelisle of wightthe hotel stafffriendly hotelopposite the beachcruise linerssea viewoverlooking the solentsea frontbottled waterrooms are comfortablepleasant staythree nightswedding partysunday lunchtown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business 8-9th April 2013. The hotel is located opposite the beach and the views from the restaurent accross the water are splendid. I was in Room 4 which is located at the rear of the property so no sea view for me. However, this suited me as it was quiet. Roooms are well apportioned with bottled water provided and mints on pillows for arrival. The food was excellent. It is £23 for a set 3 course meal in the restaurent but they will reduce to a 2 course for £20. It takes about 10 minutes to walk into Cowes but the walk is pleasant with a good paved path along the esplanade. On my last trip I stayed in Ryde in the town centre which I found to be noisy caused by traffiic and early morning deliveries. No such problems at this hotel. All staff were very helpful, polite and pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having stayed at New Holmwood for several weeks on business I have found the staff most helpful, courteous and very diligent in their service delivery. A true representative of the expectation of any visitor. Nothing is to difficult and every request is completed with an enthusiastic approach towards you having the most enjoyable time. If every hotel was like this, it would be called home.....!!!

Room Tip: New Holmwood doesn't have a fitness suit or swimming pool but if it did it would be excellent. If you are light sleeper, the floor boards creak along the first corridor from the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are fairly regular visitors for the Sunday Carvery. This is surely the best value meal to be had on the Isle Of Wight. Marvellous food and service with a wonderful view out across the Solent. The members of staff ensure each guest feels at home.
On an overnight stay, to celebrate our Pearl Wedding Anniversary, we got what we expected - a magnificent time.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a little extra to overlook the Solent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent one night at the New Holmwood on a weekday at the beginning of March - so well out of season.
The hotel is right on the sea front in a lovely location. Be warned it takes longer to walk from the Red Ferry port than would seem to be the case from Google maps!
Was upgraded and my room was spacious, clean and nice - dual aspect with sea views.
Room service and breakfast were both good, despite being out of season.
My only complaint about my room is that the tea-making facilities and hairdryer were both crammed into one corner of a large room so although the room was spacious is felt cramped to make tea and to dry my hair.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have just returned from a two night break, one of the hotels special offer including ferry and DBB. We stayed in room 11 an upgrade from the standard room. The room was lovely and large great sea view the only problem was the en suite there was a terrible draft from the window we did tell the staff and they tried to solve the problem. The only way this problem could be solved is by having a new double glazed window. The staff was fantastic and the food was very good but the problem with the window did let it down, nothing worse then having a shower/bath in a freezing cold bathroom, especially as we had paid extra for an up grade. I did appreciate the weather was not good when we were there but I find it very hard no one had complained about it before.

Room Tip: Make sure room 11 has had a replacement en suite window or the weather is not windy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple