“Made our wedding”

Best Western New Holmwood Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cowes
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just had the most fantastic wedding blessing David and all his staff made our day. Thank you so much to you all. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, the attention to detail sets it apart from others. The room was lovely cant wait to go back and stay for the night.

Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my first time on the Isle of Wight. I arrived on a beautiful summer evening and took a leisurely stroll from the ferry to the hotel along the sea front.

I was greeted by a very jolly gentleman front of house who upgraded my room and gave me a double aspect room at the front of the hotel, overlooking the sea. The room was tastefully decorated without being too clinical or too fussy and the hotel was clean and welcoming.

I had room service as I had to work. The food arrived quickly and was very good.

Breakfast was made to order (not the dried, over heated buffet you get in many hotels).

I will certainly recommend this hotel and I would love to return to the Isle of Wight to explore.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LancashireBridget
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We staggered in, seven of us with two dogs, one being carried and dripping blood from two cut paws - all of very muddy from walking all day on leg five of the coastal path. The staff were so helpful and welcoming and did not turn a hair at our condition.
We had the Sir Aitken Suite - a lovely spacious, clean room for us, our twelve year old son and two dogs.
Dinner was beautifully presented, very tasty and all the staff made us feel special.
All in all I would recommend this Hotel highly - we will certainly stay here again. Special thanks to Carol for her help.

Room Tip: If you have children the family suite is perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was staying on the Isle of Wight for a business trip and needed somewhere convenient for Newport but didn't want the soulless Travel Lodge. When looking at the location on the web-site, I thought the initial appearance was off putting. If you think the same, I urge you to look past an exterior that looks a little dated.

The good points:
Good location, right on the front.
Good free parking with around 20 spaces.
Good comfortable rooms, comfy beds and pillows and a good quality of decor that is in keeping with the surroundings.
Good food in the restaurant and good value at £23 for 3 courses a la carte. Bar menu was even better

The excellent points:
Every member of staff has a commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service and made a genuine impression of wanting to make sure guests were happy.

As a seasoned, regular traveller stopping in hotels around the country most weeks, I was really impressed. A pleasure to stay at

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Small but very welcoming hotel in Cowes.Basic rooms but reasonably priced and good food.We stayed 4 days and were made to feel at home - and such a good sea-front location.
Would consider it again next time we go to the Isle of Wight.
Malcolm from Marlow

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I also stayed at the New Holmwood with my brother for the Mother's 80th birthday and found the staff so kind and helpful towards my mother, and very friendly nothing was too much trouble for them.We requested a table with a seaview as we were celebrating a special occasion which they provided for us along with a chorus of happy birthday, many thanks to all the staff for making it a very memorable occassion

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at The Holmwood to celebrate my mums 80th birthday. The staff were outstanding and so friendly which combined with the unique views across The Solent made our special weekend so much richer, thank you. We highly recommend a visit here

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowes
The Royal Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
Villa Rothsay Hotel
Villa Rothsay Hotel
#4 of 5 in Cowes

Been to Best Western New Holmwood Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western New Holmwood Hotel

Address: Queens Road | Egypt Point, Cowes PO31 8BW, England (Formerly Best Western New Holmwood Hotel & Restaurant)
Location: United Kingdom > England > Isle of Wight > Cowes
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cowes
Price Range: $120 - $159 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western New Holmwood Hotel 3*
The Best Western New Holmwood Hotel is situated at Egypt Point in Cowes on the Isle of Wight, home to a multitude of world famous yachting events. The hotel offers fantastic panoramic views across the solent from its public areas with the enchanting town of Cowes being only a 15 - 20 minute walk along the waterfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western New Holmwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western New Holmwood Hotel And Restaurant