“A wonderful treat for foodies”
Review of Number 3

Number 3
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An intimate restaurant tucked away in the old town of Cowes.
“A wonderful treat for foodies”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My mother recommended this restaurant for my wife and me as an anniversary treat. I must say that treat was the word. My wife had prawns on crab mousse which was very nice, light but flavoursome. I had the scallops which were cooked to perfection.
Main course for Mrs R-W was gurnard (sp?) Which she loved, whilst I had monkfish which again was moist, fresh and wonderfully cooked.
Mrs R-W rounded of her meal with a white chocolate pannacotta which was devine.
The people running number 3 obviously enjoy what they do and despite one of the most vile, homophobic, narcissistic, rasist little turds that I have ever met turning up....they still managed to keep a friendly and relaxed atmosphere about the place...a credit to their passion.
We left the restaurant happy and full and highly recommend anyone that has a passion for food share in the experience of number 3.

1 Thank Atoshroom

Spalding, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely fish restaurant”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited Number 3 during our recent holiday in Cowes having read the good reviews. And we were very pleased we did as this little place is a real find. It's small (about 8 tables in all) and has a lovely rustic feel inside, very relaxed and informal. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the menus are written on small blackboards and brought to your table. The 'I love Wight water' bottles are a lovely touch as well.

The menu is predominantly fish but there are one or two meat dishes. Some of the menu choices were quite unusual - I had fillet of sea bass with mango and ginger for main - but everything we had was delicious. The portions weren't huge which made it nice and easy to manage three courses - the white chocolate panna cotta was to die for.

Very good value as well - 3 courses for 3 people plus a bottle of wine was just £90 - we will definitely return when we are next in Cowes.

1 Thank Claire C
london, UK
“Nice atmosphere, good food, good value”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A manageable fish-focused menu with some very nice inventive dishes, which delivered some great flavours. My scallops starter was tasty and generous, the sea bass in lemongrass sauce was both unusual and delicious, and the rhubarb mousse was light and fruity. Decent wine list and not too expensive. Bill for three was a reasonable £80 and the couple running the place were friendly and pleasant. Not particularly busy on the Sunday night we dined, but it should be! Nice venue, central location and will deffo eat there the next time I happen to be in Cowes. I hope it does well, it deserves to.

1 Thank deeboy
Hampshire
“Delightful evening”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This restaurant has a limited but excellent a la carte menu. We 3 were the first to arrive on Sunday evening and there wasn't any problem regarding gluten free dining. The menu consisted mainly of fish dishes and lamb,and the sea bass with spicy lemon sauce was lovely. We were given a bottle of chilled water and we ordered one bottle of wine from the list which tended to be relatively expensive. However the food was very well cooked and presented and we enjoyed the experience overall.

1 Thank HampshireVal
Sutton Courtenay, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely small restaurant”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A relatively small menu but beautifully cooked food. We both had fish for our main course which was perfectly done. The deserts are absolutely yummy! Very reasonable prices for the quality of cooking.

1 Thank Steven B