“My second review of this great place”

The Coast Bar & Dining Room
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
corralejo
“My second review of this great place”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my wife for our tenth wedding anniversary as I wanted to celebrate it in a place that I was sure wouldn't disappoint us. It was a very busy evening which made me think we could be in for a wait.....luckily I was wrong! I don't think the team get the credit they deserve as often as they should as they're a very organised team who (in my experience) never leave you waiting and so I'd like to personally thank James, Simon, Natalie, Callum, Ashliegh, Nicole, Jordan and Rosie aswell as Tom, Kris, Gaby, Mark and the team for doing a great job whenever we're in and especially for making sure that our big day started smoothly. (I hope I have the names right as they were wrote on a napkin).

“Second Review”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I came here a over a year ago, and whilst I didn't have any issues with the food or service, I only gave it a 3 rating due to the layout of the restaurant. However, I felt it was only fair to sing it's praises as since my last visit they have bought the shop next door and extended. This has been a great asset to the restaurant as now all the tables aren't squished in, and you don't have to endure the drinker's bums in your face while you're eating, or having your chair continuously bumped by passers by.

I had the halloumi and cous cous salad this time which was really tasty. Despite what another reviewer has said, I didn't think it was overpriced at all. My meal was £11 and a bottle of decent Sauvignon blanc was £15. Very reasonable, in fact, can't think the last time I only paid £15 for a bottle of Sauvignon. No complaints about the service from us. Our waiter was very attentive.

Top marks!

1 Thank Carlals
London, United Kingdom
“Very good indeed!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great atmosphere and service combined with excellent - if rather expensive - food! We sat upstairs on a very busy night but it wasn't over-crowded.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank David S
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Had friends visiting so thought it would be a nice place to take them for their last night. They arrived a few minutes after us, so when they said the reservation name to the barman he just pointed round the corner rather than attempting to make them feel welcome at all. It was quite busy but there were lots of staff on, yet we still felt neglected. The drinks are small so we had to order another every 20 minutes or so, getting their attention was hard enough, let alone the time it took for the drinks to actually arrive. We had to follow up on one drinks order as it seemed they'd just forgotten. Also when one of us asked for a drink, they did not bother to ask if anyone else at the table needed one which just made things even slower. The food itself was excellent, which is the only reason I've rated this review average and not poor. Although for the amount you get, it's extremely overpriced. So unless you want to pay more for less food I wouldn't advise it. Probably won't be going back for a long time, there are plenty of better places in Cowes.

Dorset
“PERFECT & AMAZING!! BEAUTIFUL & SPECIAL!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ok, so on June 11th 2014, I got married!! From October 2013 we spent months popping back and forth from Dorset for a weekend on the island, always calling in to The Coast for drinks coffee and meals.... We knew after our first glass of chateaux Neuf de Pape this was the venue for our wedding reception! We were NOT disappointed, Luke, Lewis, Amanda, James, Simon, Nicole and Calvin ... And everyone else who worked our wedding were amazing, they went way and above the call of duty and job descriptions, we actually now class them as friends that's due to how wonderfully welcoming and attentive they were not just to us but also to every single one of our guests, from 3 year olds to 83 year olds nothing was too much trouble!! We had a party of 50 they produced the most amazing food, I have not stopped hearing from our friends how yummy it was and they served us with no glitches no bumps it was all plain sailing and on line! The venue itself is oozing relaxing calm and chilled atmosphere it's rustic it's genuine it's frankly one of the most amazing places I have ever experienced! The style and decor is comfortable classy with no pretentiousness at all. Every member of staff had a smile, you're greeted and made to feel welcome instantly and even when visibly very busy you're never kept waiting. All I can say is a huge happy smiley thank you to all at The Coast who not only made out wedding perfect but also who prior to the big day welcomed us as a regular couple walking in for a bite to eat or a drink. You guys are a credit to each other, to you're very beautiful little community and also to the restaurant trade!!! Welldone ALL of you!!!!!

3 Thank BethBoxall