“Good ambience”

The Coast Bar & Dining Room
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Nice decor (exposed brickwork, wooden tables, cushions on chairs etc), good background music, friendly and informative service, tasty food, reasonably priced (salad £6.50, pizza £10.00). Tip - I'm told it can get very busy even during the week, so maybe try earlier or later than main meal times. We had a late lunch at 3ish and it wasn't too busy.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

At our holiday home and visited on recommendation with some friends. We had 4 small and tired children in tow and were anxious about their behaviour.. But we needent have worried. The service and food were excellent and the staff really helpful and friendly with the kids. All 4 ended up eating off menu (sausages, beans and chips) and were all very happy which made for happy parents and a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is exactly the type of place I like - laid back, good food, pleasing environment and friendly service. We got a seat straight away (for 3 - around 2.30ishpm I think if I remember rightly). The waitress was appropriately friendly and attentive - not that OTT style where they breathe down your neck and nor so remote you can't get their attention. They were friendly and chatty with my 5 year old and gave her a cork, with which she was very pleased (strange kid!). My fella and daughter ordered the stone baked pizzas and my pizza loving fella said they were very tasty but not overly filling. My daughter was happy with hers. I opted for the plain home made burger and wow! I have eaten a lot of good burgers in my time, but this was absolutely gorgeous! Well done to the chef! I really liked the whole ambience and décor in the place and can see why it does well. It is a bit more on the pricey side, but I think that's fine if you're on holiday (like we were) or looking for somewhere a bit more special. If I lived on the island, this would definitely be on my go-to list! I will (and already have!) recommended this restaurant, upon my return home.

1  Thank kenobi
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Fab food as usual, atmosphere on a rainy sunday was great, service was excellent and thanks to the young guy on his uni placement, he made every effort and more to ensure we enjoyed our Sunday lunch. Long may The Coast remain, well worth visiting for Breakfast, coffee, lunch or dinner!

1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed April 21, 2014

In spite of reserving a table 2 weeks in advance for a party of 4 we had to wait for over half an hour and ended up in a cramped position with wait staff and patrons bumping into us all the time
Food was late and waited over an hour for a pizza that was barely edible. In fact we all waited for so long for the main courses after the starter that another waiter came to our table with the Desert menu assuming we had already eaten main meal!
A hip and friendly place but need to pay more attention to quality and presentation of food to justify prices.