“Cute little estaurant”
Review of The Red Duster

The Red Duster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Duster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 63 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: High Speed Ferry
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place during our visit to Cowes. This is a really nice quaint restaurant, the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The food was okay, not fantastic and I felt the prices were maybe a little steep for what you get. However, the atmosphere in the place is great and I wouldn't be put off visiting

There are newer reviews for The Red Duster

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had visited this place 3 years ago and it was wonderful, so taking a Bank Holiday trip to the island we took the opportunity for another visit. Knowing it would be busy we were lucky enough to get a table although upstairs which isn't as cosy as down below. The service was polite and efficient. A jug of iced water and a bowl of bread was quickly brought to our table. The table was a little wobbly and uneven, so as another couple left we asked for theirs. This was quickly relaid and we were moved to overlooking the street. We had been told there would be a 25 min wait for the food as everything was cooked to order. This was the case and didn't seem much of a wait. I had crusted salmon and my wife had sea bass. It was all nice and the service was very good. My only criticisms were that for the price the salmon portion seemed a little small, considering that it is not that expensive in the shops. Also, the vegetables that were served separately seemed unexciting and bland (carrots, courgette, red cabbage and boiled salad potatoes). Having been given more spuds when both our meals already came of either mash or dauphinese potato was case of having too much potato. Perhaps they could have served some more different veg, like beans or tomato or even the dreaded cauliflower. Anyhow, the service was excellent and I would recommend it.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant during Cowes week. The food is very tasty and the staff were very friendly. It's a very cosy small restaurant and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. There was a variety of food on the menu to cater for everyone. It's not cheap but if you fancy an upmarket dinner in Cowes this is the place for you. I would definitely return.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This restaurant has a cosy feel and the service was very attentive. The menu had very interesting dishes, including many vegetarian options. Our starters were: Seafood chowder and Verdi Crepe with smoked haddock (that was delicious), our mains were: Honey and ginger duck on hoisin stir fry (duck was slightly overcooked and a bit dry but the dish was very tasty) and Dauphinoise (potato and celeriac) with parmesan grilled asparagus. This was also very tasty.
The portions were large and I felt I had overeaten after my two courses. We had a bottle of wine, which was good but I thought the wines were a bit overpriced.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We visited on race day 21st June and we managed to get a booking for dinner. The place was busy and had a great atmosphere and the service is very friendly.
The food is delicious and surpassed by expectations and there are plenty of choices- especially for vegetarians - a welcome treat!
The portions are generous too. I had portobello stuffed mushrooms with haloumi and potatoes with garlic. Divine.
My fellow diners also raved about the fish chowder and steak with the cheese dish.
All washed down with a bottle of Malbec gold- sadly no room for desserts!
Perfect food, excellent service and lovely staff.
Definitely one to visit and I look forward to a return visit.