“As good as before.”
Review of The Red Duster

The Red Duster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Duster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: High Speed Ferry
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were having a late lunch at this cosy restaurant. My wife and I come here every year during Cowes week. We had something from the Lunch menu, as good as ever. Vicky the waitress was so helpful and enthusiastic. Made you really feel at home. The wine was excellent for the price we paid. See you hopefully in a years time Red Duster.!!

There are newer reviews for The Red Duster

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night and was very underwhelmed. Not sure what restaurants some of these other reviewers have been eating at recently but the food appeared to have been reheated to the point that everything was overcooked especially the chicken roulade and the mahi mahi which had been defrosted. Vegetables had been boiled out of existence and I'm sorry but when you pay £30 for a bottle of wine the least you expect is for the waitress to pour it for you. The Duster was great 5 or so years ago but sadly no more. Wish we'd gone to the Little Gloucester instead. Tip: please visit a nice restaurant in New Zealand to see how food should be served fresh and how service with a smile gets rewarded!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

At last someone trying to serve some interesting food, four of us visited on recommendation and were all really impressed with the varied menu. Vegetarian friendly and great fish offering. The interior is novel and a little cramped but don't let that put you off. 10/10 for service too.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had booked, but were the only people in the restaurant for a while. Started to get busy later on in the evening. Great menu - can thoroughly recommend the cauliflower risotto, it was to die for! Husband had the seafood chowder which was also excellent. Interior is a little dated but that doesn't detract from the wonderful food and good service. Definitely recommend

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I visited The Red Duster on the night of the Around the Island race this year and was so impressed with the service and food I promised to take my fiancé later in the year.

So yesterday evening I took her and the service and food was better than I remembered from the 1st time! This restaurant never disappoints and recommend it to anyone who is looking for good food and a pleasant dinning experience.

I will definately be going back and those who have reviewed this establishment poorly I ask what are you looking for in a restaurant as the Red Duster ticks all of the boxes.