“Lovely seafood and easy going service”

Murrays Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Long established, family run business, set menu, a la carte and catch of the day, fresh local seafood, steak/meat dishes, vegetarian options, special dietary needs catered for wherever possible
Hampshire, UK
“Lovely seafood and easy going service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We love seafood so the name of the place had us hooked straight away. The specials offered were really good - we had lovely oysters and then crab (and chips!) for main. The wine list was good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lostcommuter

Cowes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All my clients have been wonderfully made to feel very looked after with high quality food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I always recommend Murray's as I know my clients will be so well looked after with high quality food and fabulous friendly service.
They always come back with raving revues on what a wonderful evening and how Fran and staff made them feel so welcome and put themselves out to make their evening so enjoyable.
I took the owner and crew of 'Night watch' a New York classic yacht to Murray's , they couldn't speak highly enough about the service and great food. Their only negative comment was the 'NYYC' Burgee was upside down ! Thank you Fran and Brian for looking after my clients and crews.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Regattalets
“Fantastic Birthday Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I enjoyed a lovely family meal at this restaurant, the food was amazing, the service was great and good value for your money! I went for my birthday and the table was all set up with birthday decoration which not a lot of restaurants do! I would recommend Murrays to anyone who loves seafood and there are meat and vegetarian options to suit everyone. The hostess was lovely and made everyone feel welcome.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 20first
Watford, United Kingdom
“high standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you want a traditional independent fish restaurant Murrays would be hard to beat, we went in on Sunday night and enjoyed a super 3 course dinner with Wine for 2 for under £60.
A good choice on the set menu and the service was excellent, we will definitely be going again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Neil H
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What more could you want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Visited the Isle of Wight for the day with my family as it is half term and decided to treat ourselves to lunch in a restaurant. As we were at the seaside, it was decided we had to try something locally caught.

Stumbled across Murrays on the high street and was drawn in by the traditional "non plastic chain restaurant" look and was glad that we found it.

Fabulous food, well cooked and tasted fresh. My wife is still saying it is the best meal she has ever had! and great service to boot. There was a couple of young girls serving who could teach a lot of teenagers a thing or two about interpersonal skills, they were polite, attentive and seemingly enjoying their work.

It was fairly busy so we were lucky to get in and great value. We had the set menu at £15 and the kids menu was about a fiver. Maybe I am just used the extortionate prices in Oxford!

If we are ever visit Cowes again we would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013