“Lovely stay”

Butterfly Paragliding
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently went cycling round rhe IOW with my girlfriend. We stayed here for one night and loved it. Very chilled out and a very nice feel to the place. All was clean and worked well. There was homemade bread, fresh coffy, fruit and other goodies for brekfast.
Loads of instruments arround if you are into playing or if you like listening to others play.
We diden't go paragliding (although Dave did make it very attractive and we may well go back to go flying with him). The setting is stunning and has access to some incredible beaches.
Defenetly go back.

Max and Cristina.

7  Thank Max M

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had an amazing experience last weekend, big thank you to Dave and Lucy! We not only had a chance to paragliding at sunset but they also invited us for dinner as the pub stopped serving food by the time we finished. Lucy makes the best boiled potatoes for sure! We had a fun evening with jamming at Dave`s music room. Thanks for the kindness and hospitality! Highly recommended! Andrea xx

7  Thank Andrea_jumpedoff
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I can't stop going on to all my friends about what a fantastic time I had paragliding! I was rather scared at the thought of it all but Dave gave me a mini-pep talk before we set off which actually put me at ease pretty quickly - he has a great calming presence! :) From the moment we lifted off, the experience was amazing, just floating in the air. Dave is incredibly hospitable and we were invited to his house afterwards and had a jam session in his music room which was a fantastic end to an already great evening. I cannot recommend this enough!!!

6  Thank Tanja M
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Aside from the long wait of about 5minutes :) the personal touch delivered by all of those involved, just makes a good experience great. The only reason for the 4/5 stars is simply that the flight could have been longer (just over 20minutes) but to be fair, when you have several people waiting, I can understand why.

Fortunately, when we went, the wind level allowed several flights to take place - but I would strongly advise that if you are planning on going paragliding you check the weather since it all depends on that.

Date of experience: May 2013
3  Thank p_lopezy2k
See more reviews
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I found Butterfly Paragliding online and booked a couple of nights to stay there during a quick break away in Isle of Wight. Ended up staying 3 nights I loved the place so much! The weather just wasn't suitable to get up for a paraglide while I was there unfortunately.
I stayed in the home and HQ of Butterfly Dave..... a wonderful, slightly crumbling old mansion on the top of the cliffs of Chale. The house was lovely - cluttered and eclectic but really clean and comfortable. Dave, and his side-kick Lucy, welcomed me with open arms and I ended up feeling like one of the family.
The daily help-yourself breakfast (which was included in the price) was much appreciated and waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread was divine.
I really couldn't rate their hospitality high enough and, although I didn't get up in the air, from what I saw and heard, this would be a top rate experience.
I hope I can get back again and totally recommend this as a get-away for anyone not interested in luxury but wanting a really character filled experience.

Date of experience: May 2013