“Wish we could have stayed forever”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Strawberries

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The open plan living and dining area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
familyand...
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Wish we could have stayed forever”
Reviewed May 2, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Beautiful cottage in a beautiful location. Could not have been comfier. Had everything we needed (except a freezer, which was willing sorted out by the lovely owners of the cottage.) Thank you for letting us stay here, would be back tomorrow if only we could.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jon S
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A secret hideaway in a special place - Exquisite.”
Reviewed April 22, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We are lucky enough to travel a fair bit but I am very sparing with the places that I review on here as I only tend to be bothered if they are really special, and this is.

I was honestly gobsmacked when we drove in to the quiet and secluded nestle of houses where our cottage was located. Ventnor is lovely and Bonchurch even more so but this was just magical, like driving into Hobbiton. Stunning sea views surround the cottages as they are perched directly above Bonchurch beach, which looked like it had been painted into the view. With the beach being so close we felt comfortable letting our 11 year old son off the reins to explore on his own which he absolutely loved!
A 15 minute stroll into town, either past the picturesque ponds in Bonchurch village or along the seafront, meant that we left the car parked up most nights. Even after a couple of glasses of wine, the walk back along the seafront was such a pleasure that we didn't jump in a taxi once. On some evenings we stayed home and cooked and it was SO nice to use a holiday kitchen that had proper pans and knives. A tiny detail I know but really important to me as I am a bit of a foodie.
Lucy and Sean were welcoming and friendly, perfect hosts really. The cottage it's self was decorated and furnished beautifully, easily as nice (if not nicer) than anywhere I can remember staying in recent years. In short, words really can't do it justice. If you get the opportunity, go and visit.
If you get the opportunity, you have to visit Steephill Cove. We had a lovely lunch in the Boathouse restaurant and the view from there was stunning. We also ate at the Hillside restaurant in Ventnor. It was so good that I have already promised to take one of my mates there later this summer. But it is deserving of it's own review so I will write one in the next few days.
There are places as nice as this in the world, but I can't imagine how anywhere could be nicer. I'd recommend this without hesitation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the standard of the accomodation.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Apr 23, 2015
Wow, thank you Jon. It'll be tough to beat this as far as reviews go. Really pleased you were our first guests at Strawberries.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing