“Beautiful room for the famly”
Review of Salutation Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weobley
Salutation Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Weobley B&B and Inns
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful room for the famly”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable stay in this black and white inn, bed very comfortable, lounge excellent for family
Breakfast was excellent, Sunday lunch next
day in the restaurant was also excellent
Only one small problem which was not the Salutations fault no mobile phone signal but did have wifi

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela1955

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I don, t normally comment on pages like this or take any notice of others as many are friends, business competitors etc but I will say that on a wet, cold and lack luster day we had a fab meal, wholesome and hot, plenty of choice and a hot roaring fire....got to chat with the locals and this added to the experience my meal was good quality and plentiFul, the boss my wife chose a meat pie big enough for two! The sweets were good too. The price? Im from yorkshire so all places are too expendive lol I would go back and will do again thsnks stuart I belive the owner is, a good crowd, good food and there is a simply rulevif you sre unhappy....politely ask to talk to the boss, explain your anxirty and you will receive s response. Best wishes guys I enjoyed it all

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt B
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

"COME ON FOLKS" stop being so picky. What a beautiful little hotel. Marvellous food and comfortable quaint bedrooms.
We stayed for two nights but had to come away due to business and leave behind our little gem of a hotel and the lovely people at Ye Olde Salutation. They even found B+B for our twelve 2 week old chickens we had just bought from Usk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JOAN O
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is one of the two eateries in Weobley (so I have been told), the other one being the more formal restaurant almost opposite.

We went there on a Saturday evening and the place was very busy, mostly with local senior people. There is a very small bar which appears to be exclusively for the true locals, with a TV tuned into the sports channel, but the main pub/restaurant is fairly large. The menu is quite extensive and varied. The starters were good (goat cheese salad in particular). The mains were average. My pork in stilton sauce lacked flavour and was quite dry (should have been served with pork fillet really). The chips were of generous sizes, but a little on the soggy side; perhaps it was just very busy and some of the details got overlooked. But the drinks are reasonable, prices too, and it would be unfair to 'downgrade'. This isn't restaurant, but a pub serving home made food, so service is fast and informal, but don't expect to be fussed over. By the way, they have an excellent WiFi connection, which is a real bonus in this village as you can barely get any mobile signal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank impavidus
Glasbury-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this pub on Friday as I had a £40 voucher won at the local golf club.
I called up before hand and booked a table with no problem, I had never been before but knew where it was.

We arrived 15 minutes early and were greeted warmly and seated straight away! a nice little table in the restaurant. the atmosphere was nice and there were a few tables eating already.

There seemed to be only 2 girls running the bar and waiting the tables but they quickly came over and took our drinks order, ( I tried a German lager which I had never heard of, very nice indeed) after 5 minutes looking through the menu we made our choices.

I opted for the Brie Wedges to Start and Thai Chicken curry for main, my girlfriend ordered the goats cheese salad and the stuffed chicken breast.

The starters came out very quickly and were both very enjoyable!

Our mains came out after a little wait but it wasn't a problem.!

My thai curry was really nice and chicken very tender, it came with rice and prawn crackers and also we shared a side of chips, it wasn't too hot but had a nice kick to it!

My girlfriends stuffed chicken was also enjoyed, it was stuffed with mushrooms, wrapped in bacon in a white sauce, served with vegetables, I tried a piece of the chicken and almost wished I had chosen that!.

Even though we were full we had a look at the desert menu, I opted for the Pancakes with brandy and orange sauce, it was very nice but I felt the brandy overwhelmed the sauce and was quite strong. Apart from that it was enjoyable and served with cinnamon ice cream!

My girlfriend had the lemon tart with citrus ice-cream which again was very good, the only comment she made was that the actual tart filling was very runny and almost seem like it had not had time to set, I don't know if this was supposed to be like that or not.. very tasty never the less.

All in all a very nice meal which came to £56.00 which was 2 starters, 2 mains, 3 pints of lager and 2 diet cokes.!

Recommend and there were some other nice things on the menu!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Odd that some reviewers think it's pefect, some think it's dreadful. In fact it is a just a good country pub.
Food is robust and fresh, the Butty Bach well kept at a reasonable price. Sometimes vistors are not very welcome in the little local bar, but staff usually cheerful if sometimes cheerfully disorganised in the other side, which spreads from the bar out to dining areas and then outside. Sitting outside this weekend was perfectly pleasant; that is it was not ruined by smokers at the outdoor tables. Yes seeing into the kitchens is easy, in fact for your first visit, getting in to the kitchen instead of the toilets is easy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
stuart e, Owner at Salutation Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Fair comment, happy with that. Gladly, the positive reviews posted do far outweigh the odd few negative ones.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at The Salutation, gorgeous food, spacious homely accommodation, and attentive service. Both dinner and breakfast offered an extensive menu, and were exceptional. All three rooms our party occupied were tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, and beds very comfortable! The staff were helpful and efficient and appreciative of our custom.

We will definitely visit again and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weobley
The Priory Hotel
#1 of 3 in Eardisland
No photo provided
Marshspools Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weobley

Been to Salutation Inn? Share your experiences!