Salutation Inn
The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
$137
Talbot Hotel(Leominster)
$92
$71
Premier Inn Hereford Hotel(Hereford)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
$81
$102
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe publovely villagelounge barenjoyed our mealuneven floorspiesuperb foodsitting roombe visiting againroaring firefresh fruitstayed longerfull englishexcellent staybeefstayed for one nighthay on wye
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went to Weobley to attend my mother's birthday party on 23rd June so booked three rooms at "The Sal" for myself and four other guests. My mother has lived in Weobley for nearly 30 years so I'm used to the village, the amazing old black and white properties and the way of life but have never had to stay elsewhere. I've eaten at The Sal many times over the years so talking from experience I can genuinely say it's at its best since the current owner took over in the last couple of years. I looked at the other accommodation but decided on The Sal...I'm glad I did. Old properties like this have crooked walls and floors, low beams and irregularities that are all part of the charm so better that the decor is left simple which this is with plain cream carpets, and white painted plaster between the beams on the walls and ceilings. The beds, covered in crisp white sheets and duvets, were very comfortable and we all had a good night's sleep. We were given a key so we could let ouselves in when we crawled back late after the party and in the morning were allowed to choose the time we wanted breakfast and what we wanted to eat! They offer a reasonable reduction for single occupancy of their rooms and you are made to feel most welcome. Any one of the five of us who stayed that night would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We used three of The Sal's rooms; one a good size double, one a comfortable sized twin, and one a suite comprising a bedroom and large sitting room - they all had en suites. Dependent upon what you want, they were all good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LinnersEngland
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the Salutation. The accommodation, food, hospitality and location cannot be faulted in any way. The room (2) is cosy, spotlessly clean and gives you a delightful view over the village green and main street. We received a warm welcome and felt comfortable and relaxed. The breakfast was superb and cooked perfectly with locally sourced ingredients.

We also opted to eat here both nights and would definately recommend this. Again, beautifully prepared with good choice of starters, mains and deserts (if you have room!). There is a good selection of real ale, very well kept and an array of wines and spirits.

The inn is located centrally to Weobley which is very picturesque and there are lots of places to see and explore around the area.

I remember coming to the Salutation in the 1990s and having happy memories of times spent with my family here. It feels just the same and Stu and his staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The inn has been immaculately refurbished and provides what we believe is probably the best accommodation and catering in the area. We will definately be back as soon as we can.

Come and pay a visit, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank nickciob
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We would have liked to stay longer, and we will definitely stay here again. The pub-owner/chef is very welcoming and made us feel right at home. Our room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. The food (dinner and breakfast) was fantastic. Prices were reasonable, and service was very good. An excellent experience all around.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alpaca19
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were looking for a B&B with character and a good restaurant and we weren't disappointed. The Inn is full of character, rooms furnished in period, large, warm, comfortable with wobbly floors to match Weobley village. The beds were sumptuous with crisp white linen to ensure a great night’s sleep. We had a double and a twin, both had amazing views down the main street.
Downstairs we were welcomed by a roaring log fire and the smell of wax polish mingling with home cooked food. The staff throughout are friendly and show the right balance of attentiveness without being overpowering. The owner was great company in the bar,alovelyhost. The restaurant has well spaced tables and beautiful décor. I want to say the food is simple, but it is more of a case of letting the quality ingredients do the talking. Loads of local fresh produce, well presented and in hearty portions.
The breakfasts are great too, fresh fruit, real thick bacon and rustic sausages, hand cut toast, salty butter, freshly ground coffee - I could go on forever but instead ,I won’t spoil the surprise and let you find out for yourselves.

Room Tip: both Rooms1and 2 were fab. Watch out for head injuries as the doors are very low
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlysonMike
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Pleasant staff and good atmosphere. We walk a lot round the local area and often plan lunch there on route. Lovely fires in winter.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family