“Amazing food every time”
Review of The Salutation Inn

The Salutation Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Weobley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weobley, United Kingdom
“Amazing food every time”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We never cease to be amazed by the quality of the food, fantastic value for money in a great old pub.

• Visited March 2014

london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant over the weekend and was underwhelmed with the standard of cooking and service.
The starter was alright but the main was nothing to shout about and the pudding was severely undercooked.
The staff at the bar were friendly but the waiting staff seemed disinterested and unengaged. I would recommend this place for a quiet drink but not if you're looking for really tasty food.

1 Thank shirleyroo
Hay-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Great night”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had our badminton dinner here and I must say the food was excellent the service was second to non, the staff were ever so helpful they couldn't do enough for us, I would highly recommend the salutation to everyone.

We are going back there at the beginning of February for a curry night and quiz and are really looking forward to a great evening.

• Visited January 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Annoying customers”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Terrible experience,however NOT caused by staff but other customers,being a regular here I often come in for a few relaxing drinks of a Sunday afternoon (amongst other times) the staff are always exceptional polite and compassionate who adhere to any different needs which may occur (me being an oldie I have to leave my motorised car outside,if it's raining they kindly bring it in not many places would do this,this is only one of the kind gestures I receive) yesterday was a terrible experience bought on by a rather selfish large party of diners whom clearly had no regard for those around them with three small children running riot throughout the whole pub knocking table clothes off ,cutlery off and getting extremely close to an open fire with no intervention from their parents absolutely disgusting behaviour (although maybe this is the norm these days) maybe the children would learn how to behave properly if the parents were to intervene occasionally instead of sitting drinking for hours on end (just a suggestion of course from a regular oldie !!)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hanpnewt
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Miserable service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was nice and reasonably priced but the staff were miserable at best, helpful at a push. No atmosphere, generally a poor experience which is a shame because it is a beautiful pub in a lovely area. If you're looking for a great pub meal in that area, I'd recommend The Bell at Tillington.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank A0012014
stuart e, Owner at The Salutation Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Sorry if the service was disappointing for you on this occasion. We weren't aware of any complaint made on this front, and it will be seen from other reviews that my staff are generally complimented on their friendly service. I agree The Bell at Tillington is a good pub - I recommend it to people myself, for example when we are fully booked. Even so, I see they had one negative review recently, but thankfully for both of us the favourable reviews predominate.