Pendley Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Tring Hotel(Tring)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
$101
$95
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
1,240 results
All reviewspeacocks roamingpeacock loungeshakespeare festivalwhite peacockdining roomslovely groundsset menuwhipsnade zoosteam room and saunabeautiful buildinga bit tiredmurder mysteryspa facilitiesevening meala lovely staybuffet styletwin room
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had our 40th anniversary party at Pendley and together with our guests we occupied about 20 rooms. The bedroom was lovely, very clean and overlooking the lawns and gardens at the back of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and room service very prompt and lovely food. The party was excellent and the staff who ran the event and the staff behind the bar were very efficient and friendly. In fact many of our guests remarked on the helpfulness and friendliness of all the staff. Breakfast was all I expect when I stay in a hotel and checkout wasn't until 12 so we had lots of time. Overall very impressed and a big thank you to Pendley Manor

Room Tip: guests occupied many areas of hotel, all good reports
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Shirley T, many thanks for choosing to host your celebration with us at Pendley Manor and for writing a review about your experience. Congratulations on your Anniversary. I was delighted to read that you found the bedroom comfortable and our housekeeping standards to be high. I will certainly share your kind comments about the levels of customer service with the team who will appreciate the recognition. Thank you for highlighting this. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed for one night after a wedding reception. The hotel is a lovely old building, and our room was very comfortable. The beds were excellent.

Didn't make it to breakfasat the next day but the reception and evening were well organised, and everyone had a great time

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Nana_Sadie, many thanks for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be very comfortable. I will certainly share your kind comments about the Wedding celebrations with the team who were on duty, I am sure that they will appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon when you will hopefully be able to enjoy one of our breakfasts.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked this as a surprise for my Dads 86th birthday .I wanted the old elegant charm and the wow factor and I can say I wasn't disappointed.As we pulled into the grounds we were greeted by a white peacock and grand entrance hall. The staff there were soo nice and helpful and all wished Dad a happy birthday as he was wearing his badge. The food was lovely and a great selection for breakfast. I was worried as we had a large party about getting a table but there was one already reserved for us. The décor of the main house was beautiful .There were many little rooms to explore and secret tunnels to the sauna and pool room. There is ramps throughout the building but no room pacifically adapted for disabled people eg walk in shower or higher toilet seats although rails were in place and the beds were very comfortable. Tesco is just down the road and Tring zoological free museum is just a few mile away .I got to relax in the pool and even had a relaxing massage (but you must pre book this before you go to save disappointment.)

Room Tip: take an extension lead or borrow one from reception as plugs are all on wall opposite to bed.Ask at reception for more tea and coffee for guest tray.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Flopsy2014, thank you for booking your Fathers birthday celebrations with us and for taking the time to comment on your experience. We are in the process of finalising plans for our bedroom refurbishment, part of which will see the redevelopment of our accessible bedrooms and also the adaption of additional bedrooms for improved accessibility. Your comments about additional sockets are certainly useful and will be shared with the project team. I was delighted to read that the Restaurant team looked after your group and that they helped your father enjoy his special day. I Weill certainly share your kind comments with the team on duty. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Pendley Manor on Easter Sunday. We had an idea of what to expect as we don't book anywhere without consulting trip advisor first. We had a lovely four poster room which was better than in the photos. It was nice and clean . Lovely white bed linnen. Yes true , the room was tired, but the price reflected this.
The staff were very attentive , polite and friendly. We found this from every member of staff.
Our evening meal was delightful. I thought the dinning room was romantic and the atmosphere was formal but relaxing. The service was outstanding, never having to wait too long but not rushed.I highly recommend dinning at the hotel.The breakfast was also very good , we particularly liked the fact that the buffet was in an adjoining room, which meant the dinning area maintained its quiet relaxed feel.
We felt that the staff needed a special mention as they appear to be working very hard to keep the guests happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Summer_day68 thank you very much for your kind review and may I take this opportunity to wish you a belated happy anniversary. I am glad you chose to stay with us taking an objective view of our reviews. I am very pleased to hear that the team looked after you well for your celebration and that you enjoyed your dining experiences, both at dinner and breakfast. I will ensure that I share your comments with them. I am glad to hear the bedroom was better than you had envisaged, although we look forward to refurbishment, we still try to deliver clean, large, comfortable bedrooms until the next phase gets underway. The public areas including the restaurant and bar, are areas where we have already completed our refurbishment, we hope to continue this theme in the rest of the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

After reading the reviews of this hotel we arrived with some trepidation expecting to find rooms with uncontrollable heating, wall paper off the walls and a generally run down feel. What a lovely surprise when we saw our room (224) which was very large and nicely furnished. The bathroom was fine too.
We found the staff really excellent while celebrating a friend's birthday in one of the function rooms. The wine waiters were particularly helpful and two late guests were fitted in without a fuss.
Having packed ear plugs to deal with the noise from other guests mentioned in past reviews I decided they would not be necessary BUT when the first showers were being run the next day (Sunday morning around 7.30 a.m.) the noise of water serving adjacent accommodation was terrible. I could not establish where it was coming from but on later inspection of
the false ceilings in the corridor outside our room, decided the pipes must be running
along in this area, right by the heads of the beds just the other side. Pity this let down an otherwise good stay. Even the Premier Inn offers a "Good night" guarantee........
The breakfast was nicely presented but by 9.30 my husband's English breakfast was cold.
The plate of fresh fruit was a nice touch but none of the melons were ripe, except the water melon, which was a shame.
We cannot fault the staff in any way. They were all a delight.

Room Tip: Ask where the hot water pipes run!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Babyboomer1066 thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear the team looked after you and your friend’s birthday celebrations well. I am also glad to hear that you found your Executive bedroom to be well appointed, I apologise for your early morning disturbance and will have my maintenance team look into this further. I will certainly share your kind comments with the team and ensure that your points about breakfast are passed to the Chef. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.