Pendley Manor Hotel
$179
$145
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Queen's Head(Tring)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Bar/Lounge
$73
Travelocity
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
$101
$77
PremierInn.com
1,240 results
All reviewspeacocks roamingpeacock loungeshakespeare festivalwhite peacockdining roomslovely groundsset menuwhipsnade zoosteam room and saunabeautiful buildinga bit tiredmurder mysteryspa facilitiesevening meala lovely staybuffet styletwin room
Reviewed August 29, 2011

As has been said, the hotel is showing it's age and could do with a makeover. Overall it's what I'd expect from a 4* hotel - to other reviewers, this is not a 5*!
Breakfast was a good buffet selection because we were the first ones in so, with no other guests up at 8 on a B/H Sunday, we had excellent service too! After a little cash has been spent on the rooms and a good tidy up, it'd be a lovely place to stay..

• Stayed: August 2011
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Wightfella

Thanks for your positive review, I’m glad to read that you enjoyed breakfast and had great service – albeit at 8am on a Sunday morning, I would hope that others who may have enjoyed a lay in would also have enjoyed their breakfast with equally good service.

As you rightly say we do not purport to be a 5 star property neither do we charge 5 star prices, I hope you would agree that we offer a good 4star standard, with two rosette food coupled with a friendly and attentive service ethos.

I hope you will return and experience the next phase of our refurbishment.
Thanks for you valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Finding ourselves suddenly without children last weekend, my husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a night away. Even though the hotel had 2 weddings on over the weekend, staff were courteous and attentive, and the service was very friendly and helpful. We had a 4 poster bedroom with a separate small lounge area, which was very pleasant. Dinner in the restaurant was good, but quite expensive for the quality/quantity. My cheese plate (which cost nearly £10) provided a very ordinary selection of cheese. Breakfast however was excellent - the hot buffet was topped up regularly with small amounts so nothing was overcooked. This is a great place to stay if you want to go for a walk on The Ridgeway, which passes within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

LondonMazzy
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It is kind of you to comment favourably on the helpful and friendly service you encountered during your short stay with us, and indeed that you found your room to be comfortable.
Thank you also for your positive review of dinner, though I am disappointed that you found it to be expensive at £27.50. I shall certainly ask Chef to review the contents and range of the cheeses which should be a combination of excellent quality local cheeses complimented by some more unusual varieties.
Pendley Manor’s location is ideal for walking the ridgeway – but also the nearby Grand Union canal and of course a little further afield - the forests at Ashridge which will be stunning in the coming weeks as autumn approaches.
Thank you for your constructive feedback, it really is appreciated.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

very helpful friendly staff and very good food .the pool and sauna are good too. yes the rooms are a little tired but spotlessly clean and the grounds are fantastic. if i was looking to visit this area of england again i would definately choose to stay at this hotel .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

redscorpion44hf
Thank you for your succinct and positive remarks, as always I am pleased to hear of the teams friendliness, food quality and of course good housekeeping standards.
I hope that you will visit this glorious part of the country again, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Excellent 3 course dinner with friends in the main restaurant before taking our seats at 20.00hrs for the performance of the Merry Wives of Windsor in the grounds of the hotel in this the second week of the 62nd Annual Shakespeare Festival to be held at Pendley Manor Hotel.
Prior to dinner we had a walk through the well maintained extensive grounds of the hotel on a glorious summer evening, before taking a pre dinner drink in the Peacock Lounge, followed by dinner in the Oak Room. The meal itself was nicely cooked and well presented and all carefully timed to ensure we could take our seats for the evening performance.
The new layout for the covered seating gave a good view of the performance on the natural "stage" before us. The weather was very kind starting off as a warm summer's evening, but getting a little cooler at 22.45hrs when the performance
ended. A1920's Riley Brooklands open top car used during the play gave a suitably modern touch to the Shakespeare play.
A most enjoyable way to spend a Summer's evening, and full marks to all hotel staff and actors for their contribution to making it so

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

malcolm10
Thank you for your kind review, our 62nd Shakespeare was a great success with both plays receiving very good reviews. I’m glad you enjoyed the performance and of course your pre-performance dinner.
The festival is very much a part of our tradition here at Pendley with plans already in place for what I am sure will be an equally exciting and enjoyable 63rd season during the first two weeks of August 2012.
Thanks for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back next summer and I do hope before then.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Impressive looking building with a nice bar, good quality restaurant and small indoor pool. I had booked a four poster bed room with views over the gardens. The decor in the corridors was a little tired as were the fittings and fixtures in my room. I think this has potential to be a great hotel but needs to spend a bit of money on improving the decor and the little touches. An example of the penny pinching is the awful, cheap, plastic coated Hotel Guide provided in your room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

mju1967
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am pleased to read that you liked our Manor house and enjoyed both the bar and our restaurant.
As I have previously commented in response to earlier reviews, we have carried out a considerable amount of refurbishment in the last year or so and are currently working on schemes to upgrade our bedrooms and corridors. I do agree that Pendley manor has great potential and along with colleagues am working to deliver out vision of making a good hotel great.

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated