“service // food”
Review of Cow Roast Inn - CLOSED

Cow Roast Inn
Description: The Cow Roast Inn is under New Management including a very seasoned Chef who has some fantastic ideas & menus using local produce. It will take us time to settle so many thanks for your patience and we welcome all to our first Sunday roast on the 14th of December 2014 12pm to 2pm. Many Thanks George & Delcy
Reviewed July 27, 2014

JULY 2014 - - I went there for lunch I had asked if there was a wait on food and was told no, I only had a short period to eat but was happy to wait. OVER 5 meals came out before ours did from customers who had ordered after us, we ended up waiting 40 minutes for our food at which point we had to leave due to time running out and asked for our food to be wrapped up so I could take it away. The waitress did but we did not receive a carrier bag or salad which we paid for.

While waiting for food we had to wait over 20 minutes to be served again at the bar - which in the end we gave up and left. There was only one bar staff there but clearly he was not trained properly or competent enough to be left to serve on his own. The owner was not interested in serving customers or even helping; they just sat by and laughed.

Disgusting service! The food passable but nowhere near hot enough and the presentation was appalling.

Angry with my experience and would never recommend this pub! A change in ownership is drastically needed and a landlord needs to be found who has a working understanding of the pub trade and clientèle.

Other pubs in the area are much better quality and near major bus stops. The Crown in Berkhamsted comes to mind. Cheaper prices but friendly staff and the food is always brought out in a reasonable time.

2  Thank naw520

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Disgusting experience,

How this establishment can class it self as a restaurant I will never know,

The bar lady was vile, it seamed to be a problem me ordering food in her restaurant, even half the menu had a black line through it.

The food was below average not once did any one walk round and ask if the food was OK bearing in mind I was the only person eating in the restaurant, I ll be very surprised if this restaurant is still open in the next 12 months with the experience I received.

Will defiantly not be returning!!!

2  Thank ollieboy89
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a lunch. The Thai food was pretty good, we thought, as was the beer, though the menus seem pointlessly big. The inside and outside of the pub are a bit tired and tatty, but the staff were very good. However, the loos are poor. The gents can only be described as primititve, with holes in the floor and wall.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dropped off for lunch, we had a burger & sausage & mash food was very dry had better at a greasy spoon cafe. spoons still had food on them. One person left an entire fish. Another couple also complained dirty cutlery all had to ask for napkins/serviettes. Overall very poor .

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited here for my fiancé birthday when we arrived they had advertised on both their website and on the road outside all these great offers on food. We walked 3 miles to get here only to be told the chef wasn't here so they were not doing food. We stayed for a bit and had a drink to wait for him to arrive. Asked half an hour later if the chef had arrived and was told he had but they were still not doing food as they were working in the cellar. WHY advertise food on both their website and signs on the road if they refuse to serve! I have visited a number of pubs and restaurants around the area and they are MUCH better then the Cow Roast!