“Delicous food, great atmosphere, changed for the better. ...”
Review of The Bell

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bell
Ranked #2 of 3 Nightlife in Tring
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicous food, great atmosphere, changed for the better. ...”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I visited with a girlfriend last month and we had a fab evening. Having heard from friends to try it out again we are glad we followed their recommendation. It had been some time since we had ventured into The Bell due to how it was but it has certainly changed for the better.
There seemed to be a nice mix of age groups which made us feel comfortable. On our friends word we tried the burgers which were delicous and we will be going back to try more on the menu soon!
Nice to have somewhere else in Tring to go of an evening as it was never somewhere we would have considered before.

1 Thank lillyejp

Aylesbury
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Getting there”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Started to use this re-vamped pub more regularly. It's clean and the beers are good, my only criticism is the staff aren't always "on the ball" and will serve whoever they feel like rather than clocking whose been waiting the longest.

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice pub”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Been a regular since the bell was reopened I find friendly and entertaining an te food is amazing. Mike and Rachael the landlord and landlady have done an excellent job at getting the bell to a level of excellence and trying to get it to have a decent reputation. I'm a bit disappointed to hear they have gone as they were two of the nicest people you could meet. They were friendly and kind and will be missed by all that got to know them since they had take over. Thank you mike and Rachael for all your hard work. :).

3 Thank Lilman_1
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal, and lovely staff”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I paid a visit to The Bell with my husband last weeke. I can only say that I found it to be very pleasant. The food was fantastic, as was the wine. We found the landlady to be extrememly helpful, she couldn't do enough for us and ensured that we had a very pleasant evening. On the whole both the landlord and landlady worked extrememly hard to make sure that all of the customers enjoyed their visit. I was aware that The Bell had a bit of a reputation but found it to be clean and bright and had a good range of beers and wines. I would definitely return and would recommend this pub to anyone who was either passing through or lived in the village.

Visited October 2012
“Can see the changes happening”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Visited here today with my wife, we stopped in for lunch and was greater by a very welcoming young lady behind the bar, while deciding what we wanted to drink the bar maid made small talk which was pleasent telling us how it had recently been refurbished and the plans for the future, I know now that the barmaid was in fact the landlady called Racharl I believe, very sweet.
We sat at our table by the window and looked through the menu, some choices I was very impressed with belly of pork being a particularly appealing choice.
Unfortunately I wasn't that hungry so settled for a ham and mustard sandwich and my partner had the fish cake starter which I'm informed was lovely.
Again Rachael served us and cleared our table again making small talk.
We would absolutely recommend the bell and will always ask for Rachael from know on.