Premier Inn Tring Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscrows nestbeefeater next doorraf haltonadjoining beefeaterroom was clean and comfortablebeefeater pubmeal dealbooked roomsvery comfortable staycar parkstayed for nightsgood nights sleepbreakfast and dinnerstaff were welcomingmain roadroad noisepoached eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As many reviews will point out the showers in this hotel are less than power. the water pressure is poor (and the hotel is aware of this I was 'advised on check in) however on the plus side the baths are long and deep (but narrow) so great for a nice long soak.

The reception and bar staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was clean and comfortable and as a lone female traveller there was no problem with me taking food and drink ordered at the Crows Nest back to my room. The delux hot chocolate was well worth the jolly across to fetch it.

Good value and basic but all in all a very relaxing and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have an amazing view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Diane S, Team Leader at Premier Inn Tring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the facilties we offer. The issue with the water pressure is currently being resolved. We look foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Pleasant stay at this Premier Inn on the border between Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the adverts do make clear, the rooms here are smaller than many premier inns as it is much older. On arrival, I was advised of potential problems with water pressure but they never arose. The room was perfectlya dequate for my needs.
Although the food in the adjacent Beefeaterw as very good, it was very basic - no garnish at all on either my starter or main course - I know I ordered mushrooms with dip and thats exactly what i got, no salad or anything which made it look bland.
The breakfast was considerably better. While it is the "eat as much as you like" breakfast, it is cooked to order and you tell them when yopu place your order how many of each iterm you want on your cooked breakfast - the cooking to order makes the quality considerably better for a breakfast. Bread, toast, crumpets and fruit are in plentiful supply as are cereals and tea and coffee. Pleasant stay, although as I was travelling by public transport it is a considerable wayt from anywhere and taxis usually necessary although I think it may be on a bus route - didn't have time to find out! I would stay here again but may not go for the meal deal for the evening meal. I would hope meals on the main menu are served better, although no issues with the food quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate the time you have spent to provide us with feedback. I have passed on your feedback to to the adjacent restaurant and your comments have been taken into account for future improvements.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Visied on a stopover heading south. Located next to Crows Nest Beefeater at an A road intersection just outside Tring. Didn' notice any road noise though. Was warned on check-in that the Premier had an issue with water pressure on the shower. Long standing problem, but they haven't sorted. Room was spacious and clean. Tea & coffee making facilities and flat screen TV. Staff friendly and helpful.Restful night. Breakfast at Crows Nest next morning was good with again, friendly staff.
Stay was what you come expect from Premier chain. I would stop again, price was value for money as I prebooked some time ahead.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We apologise for the lack of water pressure and this issue will be resolved very soon. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

+ : A good chain motel for an occaisioal stay. The restaurant attached is useful to have.
The 'Goodnight guarantee' is a good feature.
Would stay again.
- : My mobile coverage was very poor in this area (not the hotel's fault!)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on your stay. We are happy you had a great stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel needs to invest in some decent soundproofing between rooms. I could hear my neighbours TV pretty much word for word until the early hours alongside numerous other sounds..on the plus side staff are very friendly and welcoming in both the restauraunt and hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Diane S, Team Leader at Premier Inn Tring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thankyou for taking your time to write a response regarding your recent stay here at Tring Premier Inn.

I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our valued staff in both the hotel and restaurant.

I apologise for the noise in the early hours disrupting your night sleep. If you would like to contact me further regarding this I will be more than happy to discuss this with you. Can you please email your details to me at PITL.Tring@whitbread.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Once again thank you for taking your time to write a response on trip advisor and we hope to see you again in the future