Champneys Tring
$82
TripAdvisor
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
$107
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,938 results
All reviewsthalassotherapy pooloutdoor jacuzzirelaxation roomhealthy foodhealth spaexercise classesterrace cafewater bedspremier roomdrawing roomnight breakmansion housedetox centrethalassotherapy sessionrelaxing breaksteam roomsun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband bought a luxury day for two as a Christmas present and my friend and I weren't disappointed on arrival we had coffee in the lounge and the staff were lovely and friendly we were given a complimentary suite for the day which was absolutely lovely and made the day much more relaxing and enjoyable . The treatments were fabulous and the facilities first rate . We would defiantly go again and would love to stay over for a couple of nights . The lunch buffet was delicious and would love to have seen what dinner was like Thankyou champneys it was great .

Room Tip: The suite was fabulous
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014

i was not in the mood for a New Year of excess so a few nights at Champneys seemed ideal. I recovered my normal sleep pattern, managed to relax totally, ate healthily, had my back pains fixed with thalassotherapy and massage and just enjoyed the relaxed pace. Definitely want to come back. Service was a bit disorganised there and there but staff managed to find me a pair of cufflinks on New Year's Eve so that more than made up.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

A new year break to relax and be pampered with friends and family was just what I needed after a busy December and I was far from disappointed by my trip to Champney's Tring. All the staff made us welcome with open fires, great food and a relaxing atmosphere. The room was large and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've sleep in for a very long time. As it was a short break I didn't sample the wide range of health, fitness and beauty treatments available so I will definitely be returning to enjoy the health resort and all it has to offer including the extensive grounds. Thanks for a wonderful New Year's Eve Celebration. What a great way to start the year.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oof72
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I spent 5 nights at Champneys over Christmas and couldn't fault the service, amenities or anything about the resort. The house and gardens are superb and I really appreciated the very high standards that are maintained in every aspect. Little things like a log fire roaring away in the main hall fireplace at 8 am every morning, a fantastic Christmas gift of full size luxury Champneys products left on my bed on Chrstmas eve, glimpsing deer in the dawn light as I walked around the frosty grounds, going for a dip in the hot outdoor jacuzzi at dusk ... these are the things I'll remember about what was a magical, stress-free break. I was treated with courtesy throughout and left feeling thoroughly pampered. Thank you, Champneys. I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The mansion house rooms give you that extra sense of 'living the life'!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If one of the reasons you are thinking of going to Champneys is to relax seriously think again; if you are looking to be served by staff who care or even know what they are doing think again.

Champneys, I suggest, markets it's self on being a high-end resort that is an aspiration for many people - but if their customer base has ever experience any level of customer service anywhere else they will be disappointed by Champneys on almost every level.

With the expectation of the sports and leisure team all the staff give the impression that you are either invisible or something that is stopping them chatting to their mates.

When I made the booking I asked for a twin room; when I checked in I confirmed that the room would be twin room; when I got to the room (which wasn't a twin) reception said they would sort it and asked what time was suitable for me - I told them; when I got back to the room, after the time window offered to the reception team, when there was still no twin turn around, I called reception again, to get no reply, so called the housekeeping department, to be told, "I have no staff on at the moment and I am not going to do it for you" - this isn't five star service, this is poor two star service. I had to result to speaking in a dominant tone to a middle manager to get the issue sorted - nothing like adding stress to your stay.

I can list all the things that are wrong with Champneys, but not sure it's the resort or the facilities, just the rudeness and indifference of the staff - if you don't care about service or people being indifferent to you, even though you paying good money for it, then this is the place for you. If you expect something that is better than poor.. .. .. .. .. I suggest staying at home

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple