“Lovely Hotel”
Review of The Greyhound

The Greyhound
Ranked #3 of 5 Tring B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I thought this was going to be a pub with a few rooms that did food.

Oh no, this was a lovely country pub with really great staff, clientel, beautiful rooms some away from the main pub with every attention to detail looked after and a superb restaurant!

I stayed Thursday night two weeks ago and was so impressed by the place the village the staff and especially the food!

A thank you to all the staff, I really hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MapManEssex

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had lunch at this lovely pub on Sat 6/4/13, absolutely delicious, warm friendly atmosphere, food quality very good value for money, portion size spot on! We walked in at 3p.m. and got a table straight away, but it would be advisable to book at busier times. Pretty village, thoroughly enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We visited on a Monday evening and it was busier than expected. They are currently decorating the back section of the restaurant. I would advise booking at a weekend. Warm welcome on arrival. Not a massive selection of on the menu but enough. We shared the Camembert starter which was excellent. I had lambs liver but for me was served in to larger chunks for me. Very nicely cooked though. I prefer thin slices. My wife had rolled pork which she said was lovely.
Service was good but not excellent. Hopefully when it's busier they would have more staff.
There was quite a large error with our bill but I am sure that this was a genuine mistake as I changed my order.
Good selection of ales and an excellent pint of Guinness.
Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Took my mum for lunch today. The food was lovely - I had baked potato with chicken/bacon (freshly cooked), and the evening menu made me want to go back to eat again. 4 real ales. Lovely staff. and since taking over Andy and Natilee are putting heart and soul back into the only pub in Wigginton!
Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Came here for Pub Lunch. It was very sunny so sat outside at old wooden table which was difficult as the bench was low and the ground was uneven. Choice of beers and especially ciders was limited - only Strongbow or Magners. The sandwich menu had no chicken option, nor a prawn one, staples one would have thought, and the pork was unavailiable. Also, the veggie field mushrooms were advertised with salad but came with cooked veg, highly inappropriate in such warm weather. Also, I don't wish to knitpick, but they really need to oil the chains on the children's swings as they make a right racket! However, the staff were very friendly :-)

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tring
Pendley Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Aldbury
No photo provided
The Queen's Head
#4 of 5 in Tring

Been to The Greyhound? Share your experiences!